Welcome to the forum

Stow Scramble CX

edited December 2016 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Beautiful clear sunny morning after yesterday's heavy rain. Thankfully (at least for me) the dry ground had acted like a sponge so that the conditions were only a bit greasy. In fact my bike post-race was cleaner than after last week's Weds club run. Got to Chantry Park in good time and saw most of the Youth race. CCA showing strongly with Harley Pell winning Y/girl and Nathan Hardy having a great battle with Sam Daniels for 1st and 2nd in the U14 respectively. Good to see Felix Field finishing strongly too with creditable 4th place in his category. With Adam Lightfoot riding the track this weekend it was left to Mark to bring home the family bacon with 1st place in the U12. Loads of CCA blue-shirted youth in action and apologies if I didn't mention your name.

Most of the usual suspects were in action in the V40 and V50/W categories. The course was a relatively short loop around Chantry Park. A fast wide grass start leading into a greasy wooded section that was a bit of a crash fest. Plenty of off-camber corners, a couple of steady climbs and a nice big ring section. The CCA V50 men all well matched and finishing between 20th and 30th places. Emma Pell finishing as 4th women/vet.

Enjoyed watching the V40 with Tim Duckett and Dave Hadsley having a good battle. Thinking Tim looks like the man to beat in the senior club championships. Had to leave before the Juniors/seniors race but was delighted to see that Noah Field won the junior category and was in the top 10 overall. Top result and maybe the fizzy will be flowing in the Field family tonight!

Great CCA day of cycling - link to results below.

http://www.easterncross.org.uk/race16-17-14.htm#result-v

Comments

• Yes indeed, a great day's racing. I tried proper hard in the grown ups race and only screamed with fear on the scary descent in the woods.
  • Nice write up Jeremy. Don't discount yourself from the CCA cup as you rode well today.
    We all enjoyed today having not raced at this venue before. Noah obviously very pleased with his result. Felix was very disappointed having been relegated from 3rd to 4th because of what seems like a questionable racing incident on the line.
  • Agree with that, a good course that we'd never been to before. Joseph really liked the technical U12s course although it was rather short. More hills than I expected but plenty of other stuff to keep you interested. Tim was very strong today, he stayed ahead of me all race apart from a brief moment when his chain come off and he got the top 30 he'd been looking for. He'd turned it up to 14 today!

All to play for in January at the club champs. Everyone welcome.
  • Brilliant. Noah, Mark, Nathan, Harley all wining. Sam, Rhys in second. ( Nathan and Sam having an absorbing and brilliant battle)
    Daniel, i too had a little scream in the woods! Its fascinating how the different courses are different for different people.
    Jeremy, thanks for the write up and yes the club champs are wide, wide open. Looking at the lap times i think its so close it might come down to the course and conditions. Its going to be so interesting.....cross is so good....
    And finally, for me this season a top 30... (#smallvictories)