Welcome to the forum

Saturday 9.30am club run - 24th December

I think David J is away this week, so I'm happy to navigate a 9.30am ride tomorrow, unless anyone else had a plan. I'll aim to make this a slightly shorter ride than normal for those who haven't got the time to do the Festive 50. I'm thinking a 35 mile loop out through Old Warden towards Cople and back, although as I tend to get lost anywhere north of Ashwell so this could be a gamble!

I'm feeling the need to up the game on 'festive layby snacks' after Dave N's efforts last week!

Comments

• Yes I'll be out, was wondering whether to do the Festive 50 but if we have enough for a 9.30 ride I'm happy to do that (the Festive 50 seems to be 50 km not 50 miles this year btw).

I do have some mince pies on standby as well...
  • Planning to be out (as long as the wind is not bonkers).
    Dave N should be too (of course)! And maybe Bob!
  • I've picked up a cold during the week, but should still be out tomorrow unless it gets worse.
  • Tim - I'll be along, will call by 08:50
    Dave
  • Beware Norris invasion ...............Paul and Olly intend to join their old Dad in the morning.
  • Could be interesting!!!
  • Brilliant, that sounds like enough for a ride. See you in the morning!
  • I'm hoping to be out. Long over due a club ride so looking forward to it!
  • Tim - Change of plan. Decided to miss the bike today, had a cold this week and will run but can't do both. Have a good one.
    Dave
  • Split off with Bob and the Norris gang and went to Jordan's Mill.
    Dave's sausage rolls were very nice.
    Hope your layby snacks were good.
  • 10 or so of us out today, after the Bassingbourn contingent headed off for an early Jordans, leaving us with only the empty promise of a home-made sausage roll. We headed for the slightly quieter roads towards Cople, with a festive layby stop somewhere past Cardington - thanks Tim for the mince pies! Nice to have some Christmas visitors along, including David W's parents on a tandem. (Sorry about the U-turns!)

So all in all about 35 miles at about 16, thanks to the tailwind up Langford hill. Have a great Christmas all, and hope to see you next week!