Welcome to the forum

Sunday 8th January 0930

Happy new year to everyone normal ride tomorrow 40 miles @ 15 light winds will head up to the gransden
See you at 0930

Comments

• FDFD
    edited January 2017
    Happy New Year Bullet & Buccaneers!

Not out for a while as slowly recovering from pneumonia after collapsing Christmas Day and spending 4 days in the Lister Hospital! Crew decimated by injuries at present.

Ship's doctor has advised light duties and staying in dry dock for a few weeks.

Am I allowed TUE's for club runs?!

Time to read plenty of books, pore over maps and plan the season ahead.

Frail Dutchman
  • Blimey! Sorry to hear that - take it easy - hope to see you back in the saddle soon. All the best Dave N.
  • Happy New Year all

Hope your feeling better John and a hell of way to get out of the Christmas washing up! but seriously i wish you a speedy recovery

Had a tricky year myself, last meaningful ride in Oct 2015 but started on the turbo Jan 1 so hopefully fit for crew duty soon

Hopefully the TUES list extends and includes the Angel Vaults Inn selection of 'recovery 'drinks

See you on the bike soon

Pete
  • Many walking wounded currently, including myself. Looking to get a recovery ride going before too long so 30 miles max at 15 max ( not sure I can do that yet )
    So let's get 2017 on a positive footing in a few weeks time.
    Hope the ride today went well. Crazy warm, just a walk for me today.
    So come all lost boys in a few weeks. No need to get fit for it, the rest of us in a starting place as well.

See you soon
    CP
  • Hey Captain, good to hear from you but sorry to hear you your not up to battle speed.

Interested in recovery ride...should be errhh interesting as my first ride on the turbo i managed a 202 bpm max which strangely was the same as when i opened my Barclaycard bill after Christmas!!

Looking forward to the lost boys being a little less lost and a speedy recovery to all

Pete
  • Just Myself and Jim out on such a great day for cycling. 39 miles @15.5
  • Thanks shipmates for your kind thoughts.

Look forward to the recovery ride, which is still a few weeks off for me.

Hope to see you in 2017 Pete.

FD