Welcome to the forum

SNCC Hell of St Neots - Sunday 23rd April

for logistical reasons we've pushed this back a couple of weeks; obviously being very careful to check we wouldn't clash with the CCA G-Ride!

this year's route will be more road bike friendly than last years, and hopefully we'll also avoid any psychopathic cycle-pathists on our travels this time.

will get the route and other details posted in coming weeks, but any questions just ask.......

cheers

Simon

Comments

• route now finalised:

To mark the victory of SNCC member (and previous HoSN rider) Jake Hennessy at this years U23 Gent Wevelgam, we have also included several 'Plugstreets' (semi-made farm tracks) in this years route - www.cyclingnews.com/news/gent-wevelgem-pays-tribute-to-first-world-war-with-2017-route/

This year's HoSN route takes us southwards into both Beds & Herts, with navigational assistance (and possibly also construction & surfacing in places) coming from the War Office, Romans and Iron Age Man

What we might not have in terms of climbing we will more than make up for with mixed surfaces showcasing every kind of gravel imaginable, almost certain headwinds as we pass through open farmland and crossing an active runway; so usual caveats about taking care and looking where you're going apply!

The route has been ridden this week on 23mm tyres, so although I wouldn't necessarily recommend a TT bike or your fanciest carbon wheels, any bike should be more than capable of getting you around the route as the normal hazard of mud clogging road brakes, forks & rear stays should not be an issue this time.

Look forward to seeing anyone from CCA there for a 8.30 start from the Square on Sunday..........and no shame in turning off early once we start to head away from Ashwell and back towards the badlands of Cambridgeshire

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20376663
  • Great looking ride Simon. Im not around this weekend but hope it goes well and the weather is kind!
  • Simon, sorry I can't make this ride.
  • Thanks Simon, I'll be there.
  • I'm hoping to join you for this Simon.
  • Thanks Simon. Sam and I will join you too
  • Thanks for a great ride today Simon.

I'm certainly feeling it now, as much in my back and arms as legs. Well done to Sam for completing virtually all of the route. Sorry Pete I didn't realise you were turning off so didn't say goodbye.
  • good to see everyone from CCA out yesterday & special congrats to Sam for such a strong ride
    cheers
    Simon
  • Thanks Simon

we enjoyed the ride and the good company. I think I ache more than Sam today! Sam was beginning to tire at the end and so we missed the last bit of off-road but still completed 48 miles. I think the distance was about his limit this year - but watch out next year!

Pete