Welcome to the forum

Chiltern Hundred 2017 - 16th July 2017

edited July 2017 in Sportives
The Chiltern Hundred 2017

Sunday 16th July 2017

Just gauging interest in this year's event. I have mentioned it to a few people on rides and there was some interest... It's a nice fun day out on the bike! There's nothing better than having hundreds of people around you with the same goal.

I'll be entering much closer to the start time - entirely dependent upon sun/heat being forecast!

Chiltern 100 Gran Fondo 172km (107 miles) with 2400m of climbing*
Chiltern 100 Medio Fondo 109km (68 miles) with 1430m of climbing*

Comments

• Anybody doing this?

Maybe sat 8am crew we could organise a chiltern smash fest instead?
  • Nathanial, despite my own personal thoughts of possibilities of riding and getting back in time for the childrens' dancing show, it would appear that my thoughts are not universally shared.

Thanks for the prompt and the opportunity to Smash Fest. But alas, next time......
  • I'm riding the chilterns 100 grande fondo. Anyone else? Can drive a couple. Getting there for around 6.30 for early start if poss. Should be a fun day. Big screen for watching the tour will be fun.
  • edited July 2017
    Vince, been asked by friend to help at welwyn race this day, so won't be there now. Damn . But see you on the preceding friday. LOoks like a fun one. Very keen for regular hill smashing rides from now on.
  • If you can change his mind about needing your help let me know.
    Looks like I a going to be doing this one on my own then. Need the hills and distance.
    Just been sorting my mountain gearing. Shimano 105 is much clunkier than dura ace or Athena rear mech. Unless it is my adjusting. Shirt chain might have something to do with it.
  • I can't Vince soz, I'm trying hard to make both Friday and Saturday (gd cafe cruise) though. But I'm buying a car so it might be one of those two days if I can't get there on thurs