Welcome to the forum

HUGE thanks.

So a big thanks to all that were involved today.

Sallie prepared and shipped 20 packed lunches for the marshals despite having a rugby related hobble on. All needs catered for and we must remember that an army marches on it's stomach.

All who marshalled, the red flags are important! I drove round a bit and saw everybody playing their part. It's so important that the cyclists are kept safe in these races. The news that Cambridgeshire now recognises accredited marshals is great news, takes any degree of risk out of the more dicy turns on the circuit and allows the riders to race in confidence. The NEG did a superb job too.

The Comms, these people run the race. Without them it would be impossible to keep things on the road, both of ours today have bags of experience and were constantly handing out advice to the drivers and marshals on the radios. Always good to learn from for the next time. I also learnt that I shouldn't ask so few people to do so many jobs! More volunteers required next time.

The judges. Mark, Stevie and Archie did an absolutely superb job, not only did they get a lovely tan but, with the slow motion camera on the iPad to help at the end they sorted the results out in a matter of minutes.

The sign put-er outers. Again, safety is paramount! Next time it may have to be an even earlier start though, or a visit to the course the night before. Some good cable-tieing going on, I noticed as I had to try take some of them down.

The drivers. Watching from the opposite side of the road always impresses me how controlled the safety of the race is and it's down to the drivers being in the right place at the right time. Brilliant stuff!

Lil (and her glamorous assistant Adam). Not as well used as last year fortunately with only one little spill leaving two riders unable to continue. Suspected concussion and a touch of road rash was all the damage we had. Both bikes fine, one rider quite happy to have a "cheeky" sit in the sun for the rest of the race.

Iain Foulkes. Who still remains to be the one of the last people to leave the HQ before me for the past few years. Whether he's ridden the race or just helped out. Provider of brilliant homemade scones and crafter of a well stuffed roll or two. Master brewer. There would have been many grumpy cyclists and marshals were it not for Iain and a rather pregnant Libby Danckert doing their part. Good sweeping and general floor cleaning and not one grumble (in fact, there was not one single grumble from any of the CCA team put together to help with this race).

Daniel Doncaster. Not only did he get to wave his accreditations all over the race but he also went above and beyond with sign collection/transportation. As ever, one of the most active members of the club. Possibly down to having two right hands.

Shelton. That horn...

THE RIDERS. For those that ride these races they know that the safety of the riders is mostly actually down to the riders themselves behaving responsibly and looking after each other, using the skills you learn initially on the club runs, pointing/shouting out holes, not taking unnecessary risks/not slamming the brakes on in a group etc. I didn't see any misbehaviour in the bunch at all and the comms were happy with how everybody conducted themselves with zero disqualifications for this race. This makes me a happy organiser!

Until next year...!