Welcome to the forum

Good Friday off-road club run

Hi,

I'm heading out for an off-road ride Friday morning (CX or MTB). Will start from the Tuns at 9am if anyone else is interested.

40 ish miles, 4 ish hours with a good ish cafe stop.

Mark.

Comments

• Hmm, possible. Not quite sure what good Friday has in store yet but would like that and i need to test my new bike. Will let you know.
  • edited April 2017
    New bike?

(Not sure my new bike will be ready by Friday and anyway looks like I am working that day)
  • Good idea, my Friday is now sorted...
  • 39.5 mile route created. Some paths I've not done myself so a bit of exploring.

Baldock, Ardeley, Aspenden, Buntingford, Hare Street, Therfield, Royston, Ashwell Street.

Coffee stop at Buntingford or Hare Street.

Short cuts back from Cromer, Hare Street or Therfield.

All the paths must be bone dry by now so it should be fun.
  • Do you mean 4 hours plus cafe or 4 hours including cafe? Need to be back at Ashwell for 1ish.
  • Probably 4 hours plus cafe but we can review the pace as we go. You could always short cut back by road from Therfield.
  • Unsurprisingly, after the last two Good Fridays, Mrs H doesn't believe me when I say I will definitely not be late back. I'll ride up to Ashwell and join you until Ardeley and then head back home.
  • Great route Mark, very little road and some really long off road sections helped by being bone dry of course.
    Can you post a link to the route so we can find it again.
  • Here it is http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1524763060

Don't forget it includes cutting the corner before Aspenden.

• Thanks great ride today, especially Epsom Descent! :)