Welcome to the forum

Tro Bro Leon, or Hell of the West

For anyone interested.
Tro Bro Leon takes place on Monday - also known as the Le Petit Paris Roubaix or the Hell of the West. It takes place on the very west tip of Brittany and includes multiple sections of dirt / cobblestone / gravel roads, plus that area of Brittany always has strong winds to break the racing up and make it interesting.

I've been intrigued by this race since reading about it a few years ago here photo diary and here cycling weekly

there is a sportive version the day before (so taking place tomorrow) - very tempted to give this a go one year.
Also read somewhere Christian Prudholme is keen to include the pave/gravel sections of this race in an early stage of the 2018 TdF.

Previous winners include Mark Renshaw, Jeremy Roy, Baden Cooke and Sami Dumoulin.

this year there are highlights on Eurosport Monday night about midnight I think.

Comments

• Great set of photos, an amazing landscape.

A top prize, who wouldn't race their heart out for that?
  • By coincidence my brother was a marshall at the race today.

Mark F
  • Daniel - absolutely, that's your post race protein sorted out anyway.

Mark - that is a coincidence, how did that come about?
    Looking forward to seeing the highlights. The race and cyclo sportive were mentioned on last week's The Cycling Podcast with Richard Moore etc too.
  • He has lived in France for 20 years or so - he's a lifelong cyclist and a member of a local club. In fact he kindly made the arrangements for Charlie P to race in France last season.
  • this took place last Sunday and was a cracking race with rain towards the end to make it interesting, check out highlights on Eurosport if you can. distinct chance of a cca trip to ride the sportive the day before next year.