Welcome to the forum

Club 10 TTs - 2017 - Commencing 26th April - first rider 7:01 sign on from 6pm

edited April 2017 in Time Trial
Due to holiday commitments and a few things to sort out the regular Wednesday evening club 10s will not be starting this week as previously indicated but we should be OK for 26th April onwards until end of August.

Robert has agreed to do pushing off for the duration of the season but in addition we need 2 time-keepers, 1 marshal at B1042 junction and preferably someone to stay at HQ . Doodle to follow shortly:

Please remember it is beholden on those who take part to do their bit to ensure that we have enough helpers to enable these weekly races to go ahead. To this end, people who miss a ride in order to help will be awarded their average Northfield handicap points (to a maximum of two times).
Trophies on offer (CCA first-claim members only) are as follows:

Male, Female, Junior, Vets on standard (using VTTA standard times for 10 miles) - anyone born in 1972 or earlier is eligible (Best 4 times to count)

plus

The Northfield Handicap

Points-based competition (sliding scale of points for each race, winner on the night gets a free entry the following week).
• points for each race are determined by how well you do compared to your PB, matched against how everyone else compares to their PB.
Last year's winner was Brendan Ronayne with 134 points, scoring in 16 races from19 in the series.

£4 (CCA), £3 (Junior), £5 (non CCA)
Looking forward to seeing you all on 26th.

Comments

• Nice one James
  • Excellent. Looking forward to getting back out! Is the course going back to the one we started on last year (as the 'Course Map' link suggests)?
  • Good point Brendan - no it will be the changed newer course starting and finishing near Guilden.
  • OK. Thanks for the clarification. I prefer the new course anyway. The extra 0.2 miles was a killer!
  • Gonna give this a crack this year- can I confirm times please?
  • Thanks JMac
    I will try and make week 1 and as many as possible thereafter.
  • James, I haven't seen the doodle for helping out yet, but I will help out next week. Timekeeper, Marshall - whatever you need.
  • Thomas Ayers (CCA youth) is hoping to come along tomorrow. Is there a map of the current route I can review with him? i think he's more concerned about going the wrong way than anything else.

Robert
  • edited April 2017
    Here's the route

Club 10

Just keep going left and you can't go far wrong - normally a left arrow to direct you before Wendy.
  • thank you
  • What time do we estimate "last off" will be tomorrow? Started a new job and not sure I'll be able to leave early but would hate to loose my (last) free ride.

Gareth
  • Can't be sure, I think last year we had 30 on the first 10 but the weather's looking a bit iffy later. Just text me or call when you know and we'll see what we can do.
  • Unfortunately neither Dave or I can make the first TT of the season, but hope to be there from next week.
  • edited April 2017
    7 out I think tonight in the cold. Including young Tom Ayers on his first TT who put in a great time too.

Would have been more, but Robert had a puncture at the start. And Gareth forgot his shoes.

Good biscuit selection for the riders afterwards this season: the action is always at the back in the kitchen if you're wondering where everyone is. And remember folks: no cleats on the village hall wooden floor.... ta.