Welcome to the forum

Off-Road Club Run Sunday 14th May, 9am from the Tuns

edited May 2017 in Cyclocross/Offroad
MTB Coaching session at Hadleigh Park

I have arranged a MTB coaching session for club riders at Hadleigh Park (Olympic MTB course) on Sunday 14th May. The session will be with Level 3 Mountain Bike coach John Stockwell. John probably knows the features at Hadleigh better than anyone having taken many riders round and done hundreds of laps himself.

There are a maximum of 8 places and we need at least 6 to make it viable. The cost is £20 per person for 3 hours coaching from 9:30am to 12:30pm. Riders need to be at least 9 years old. I am going to give priority to Under 18s but will take adults if there is space.

I will lead a group (free of charge) round of anyone who doesn't want to do the coached session.
There is a parking charge at Hadleigh Park but otherwise it is free to use. There is a cafe and bike shop at the site.

Comments

• I did parkrun there on Saturday, it's a stunning place & an excellent setup.
  • Hi Mark

Sam will come along.
  • The Hadleigh session is not going to happen due to lack of numbers so I will lead an off-road club run instead.

9am at the Tuns. Cyclo-Cross or MTB. Suitable for Youth riders aged 12+.

Around 35 miles, probably with a cafe stop. Looking at Baldock, Therfield, Barkway, Melbourn and back along Ashwell Street.
  • edited May 2017
    Thomas is up for that. Now to decide CX or MTB ? He says CX is faster but you can wheelie a MTB!
  • Thanks for the ride Mark, and Lyndsey & Archie. Thomas really enjoyed it. Came back tired.
    Had a little rest and then went out riding the trails and jumps in the woods near home with his friend !
  • Sorry I missed you all, I got up late & don't get to the tuns until 9:15 :(
  • Does anyone want to organise a similar ride for next Sunday. It would be good to keep our youth riders in action although there will be the MSG race that day. Unfortunately I probably won't make it next Sunday.
  • edited May 2017
    I very much hope I can organise this.

Should we wait for you Richard?
  • Archie loved the ride - thanks Mark. Unfortunately he can't do a ride this weekend since he's got track school at Welwyn in the afternoon. We can't do the next couple of weekends either since we're away at the start of half term and then at a grass track mmet on June 4th. We will hopefully organise a ride at some point though!
  • It will be a long wait as I'm at MSG on Sunday :)
  • I think most of the likely riders are doing MSG. I suggest we don't do the road club run this Sunday.
  • Alfie and i not available this weekend either