Welcome to the forum

Help...does anyone have a bike I can borrow?

Unfortunately it turns out the crash damage to my bike is terminal, so I'll be looking for a new frame. In the short term, I'm due to race in Norwich on Sunday and Ixworth on Monday. I'm wondering if anyone has a bike I could borrow just for the weekend? I cant use my winter bike as it has disc brakes. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something to get me round for the weekend. Clearly I won't take any risks, but take full responsibility for it! I'm 5'3 and usually ride a small frame.

If anyone can help out that would be amazing!

Comments

• Hi Jenny, we've got an old Ribble (Reynolds 531c frame)that might do if you don't get a better offer (Karen's old bike).
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Hi Jenny, I can also offer Jane's bike if it helps.
    Size 49, Bianchi aluminium ladies road bike.
  • And you can also borrow Sarahs, a Carbon Boardman with sram apex, (size small)
    You could have them all and look proper pro at Ixworth with all your spare bikes!
  • I think the Ribble is going down the pecking order. Still a nice bike though!
  • Thank you all so much, such generosity! I'm hopefully picking up a bike from a friend tomorrow early evening. If for any reason that doesn't work out I'll start messaging those that have so kindly offered.

Thank you!
  • If your friends doesn't work out you can borrow my cube. I'm 5'7'' (honest) so would be about right?
  • Too bad you're sorted. I have an ex Bio Racer Team bike which I am sure was built for crits. Awesome machine ideally suited to Ixworth.
  • Umm, tempted by the Bio Racer bike! Daniel, what size is it, and could I come and take a look tomorrow? No harm having a little collection of bikes, as Tim suggests!
  • Probably 52cm. Not actually built up as a bike at the moment, but could be soon enough! ORA RANF (or something like that) steel with Italian lugs (it is probably Italian in origin). Not the lightest, but stiff and agile.
  • Probably 52cm. Not actually built up as a bike at the moment, but could be soon enough! ORA RANF (or something like that) steel with Italian lugs (it is probably Italian in origin). Not the lightest, but stiff and fast.
  • Ok, thanks, but please don't worry about building it up. I should be fine, but I'll shout if things change. Thanks!
  • Ok, thanks, but please don't worry about building it up. I should be fine, but I'll shout if things change. Thanks!
  • LOL, (blasted internet)