Welcome to the forum

Blue Islabike slick tyres

Hi all,

Sorry to be a pain, Ellie is doing her first track school tomorrow and she is hoping to ride the blue islabike track bike, I thought the road tyres from her frog would transfer but they don't - by any chance does anyone have some road tyres for the blue islabike I could borrow - happy to travel this afternoon to collect? (Nothing like leaving things to the last minute!).

Mitch

Comments

• 24 inch wheels I think Mitchy. Unfortunately I sold some 24 inch road tyres with the last Islabike I sold so don't have any.
  • If you don't have any luck with tyres then you might (if you arrive early enough) be able to borrow one of the track bikes from the Welwyn shed. Not a guarantee though.
  • I thought they were 24'', so tried the 24'' slicks from her road frog bike, but way too big. Think they might be 20''?

I'll get to the track early, they indicate they'll be bikes there. Fingers crossed.
  • Im pretty sure they are 24. The problem is that there are lots of different 24's. Its even worse with 26", there are about 6 different 26 sizes. The actual bead diameter of the tyre is the ETRO number which is the diameter in mm. This is always written on the tyre so you will need to match the ETRO numbers.
    Its all a bit confusing, for example the standard road wheel, a 700c is just a name, the actual diameter is 622. As an aside, have a look at SJS cycles website as they list all their tyres by ETRO numbers which i find very useful.
    Anyway, none of that helps you get your tyres, hope you find some!