Welcome to the forum

RTTC 4 Kinlochleven Scotland The full story

edited May 2017 in Time Trial
Halfway home on the very long journey back.
But a quick​ update.
With the absence of Hayley Simmonds today Jackie got 1st lady and 1st vet lady. This means she has won the vet ladies series competition again and is currently in first place in the ladies. More to follow.,....

Because the classic series is best 4 out of 6 races apart from having to cycle well it is also partly tactical as to which races you do. Jackie was fairly confident about the vets race but choosing to do this one so far north was a good move as not many of the current leaders were there. It was still a bit of a gamble however as there were mostly Scottish riders there who we did not know a lot about.

This was the first time the series has gone north of the border for the Jason McIntyre memorial trophy. It was a long way north into the highlands. We ended up doing nearly 1000 miles!!! for the 18 mile TT. However it was a stunning circuit. We have been to the area many times before to tramp/climb the Munros and it was great to be riding in their shadows.
Jackie got a practise ride in the rain on the Saturday afternoon but luckily on the morning the overnight rain had stopped and the circuit was just damp. It still made the fast descent into Kinlochleven village tricky. The rest of the course was rolling and hard work into the headwind on the return leg on the far side of the loch.
It was well organised with a supportive crowd of spectators and they had Graeme Obree on hand to give out the many prizes.
I managed a 10 minute chat with him about tips for the hour attempt. Some bits more useful than others from breaking Jackies ankle so she could not do it to getting an Endura skin suit and thinking yourself small!!!

Comments

• Great riding Jackie! That must be some drive back down here!
  • That's fantastic Jackie.
  • Well done Jackie
  • edited May 2017

pre ride in the rain

the circuit curtesy of mywindsock

Jackie with Graeme Obree and a handful of cheques and trophies

• edited May 2017
    Well done and great photos.

Is anybody riding Event 5 on the L143 Greystoke course?
    It is the Border City Wheelers promotion on the bank holiday.
    Just a word of warning - a section of the course has just been chipped.
    The section is a very fast downhill leading to a tight turn into a steep hill.
    I rode a local TT on the course last night and extreme care was required.
    Anybody riding needs to recce the course before racing.
    JP
  • Great stuff Jackie, cool photos!
  • will be doing the Greystoke circuit Jeremy so thanks for the update - it is another brutal circuit so could do without the downhill sections presenting extra difficulties :-(
  • Nice one Jackie! That's an awesome result, pictures look amazing too! I still remember your first TT bike at the club ten... funny how things go, isn't it? Brilliant stuff!
  • i was in the HQ for the Bossard Wheelers 10 a few weeks ago and a fella saw my club jersey and asked if 'that Jackie Field was riding' as 'she is amazinly quick'

much to his disappointment i told him you were not on the start list...

Congratulations on your win(s) Jackie!!
  • Forgot to say above Angus Wilson made himself known to us. He spotted our CCA jersey and came over for a chat. Ex member from a few years back who moved to Dundee
  • Congratulations Jackie - inspiring us all.
  • edited May 2017
    whoa! made it into cycling weekly picture and all !!!

• Seeing this in full-colour glory in Cycling Weekly just underlines what an amazing achievement this is. Amazing.
  • Well done Jackie, another amazing performance.

Knight Composites current series standings
  • Just bought my souvenir edition of the comic!
  • stunning result Jackie. well done.
  • That's brilliant Jackie - Congratulations :)