Welcome to the forum

8.30 GROUP SATURDAY 6 MARCH

edited March 2010 in Club runs
Chaps... over to you guys this weekend. Away doing the BALLBUSTER DUATHLON.

Comments

• am defo up for it, just not the greatest route planner I'm afraid??!!!
  • Hi we're knew to Ashwell and keen to join the cycle club. We've never been in a cycle club before. We've done a reasonable amount of cycling but not that much for a while. Toms has a reasonable pace, I'm definately slower!. Would Saturday morning be a good time to pitch up and see if we can keep up ?
  • edited March 2010
    Have a look here and see what you think - http://www.ccashwell.com/club-runs.html
    The 0830 Saturday ride is a middle group ride and goes further and faster.
  • Sue. This 8.30 group is a bunch of advanced riders training for events. Quite tough really.
    There is the 9.30 Saturday group. And then there's the Sunday rides.
    Have a chat with Geoff, he'll give you the best advice.

geoff@cerdan.co.uk
  • Where are we going then chaps & who indeed is up for it?

If no takers... I'll be hill training again on the Therfield circuit.

Martin, any suggetions?
  • sorry guys working most saturdays now i will be out again sunday,carmello & i were out last sunday in all that freezing wind & rain gee what fun.(love it).
    strappy
  • I'll be along, route wise not sure, more of a sheep than a sheppard. Sure we could make something up on the morning.
  • so there WAS someone out last week. we were discussing that last night as the first Sunday with a zero attendance ! glad the record still stands then :-)
  • skelders
    glad to oblige and keep the club record alive i done 52 mile not sure about carmello poss 32 miles as i have my usual 10 each way,sorry couldnt make the pub.
    strappy.
  • I'll be there, pretty unfit after a few weeks out of the saddle. Happy (well, willing) to do the hill training route
  • How about we start with the Therfield Royston hills as per last time so up, down up, down up... then back towards first hill but turn left towards Sandon, there's two hills on way to Sandon, through Sandon and onto Wallington 2 baby hills... then a bit of speed into Baldock 8-) - then start the Weston Hills! left into that little hamlet off the 407, Clothall, right at Weston back to Baldock down up, back to Weston, next right towards Gravely down up down, left to Gravely, left at Citroen Garage and up the last hill :-) see what the time is for next plan, but i'll probaly tail off so i can join a longer ride on Sunday (still working on that one though)
  • sounds a hoot, but afriad i am more than likely not going to make it, apologies. Enjoy.
  • Just had the Sunday ride scratched off the agenda by the Director of Internal Affairs! So depending on how we feel we could add a loop on from Gravely?
  • Looks like I've got to work tomorrow, so no ride for me either. Enjoy it.
  • Hi Tim,
    i will be there,might be a few minutes late coming straight from work.We could do the hills or we could do Robbie's 60 mile hilly,i dont mind either way,
  • No can do the Sat ride - sorry.
    Enjoy!
  • Enjoy... intersting choice of words there Martin.

Four out, myself, Phil, Alex & Malcolm

Thanks Phil for a great route, I think it was about 70 miles at just over 16's ... which is actually quite depressing as I personally struggled big time and needed a shop stop for Red bull, Lucozade & a Mars bar!!
    Thank you to Alex for pushing me up pretty much all the hills on the second half of the ride :-(
    bit windy, but dry and ice free :-)

I am in bits!!!!
  • dear all, please see new discussion topic under Tuesday training entitled evening Chain Gang. This is targeted at you so let's have your thoughts and possibly get an evening fast ride going through the summer months.