Welcome to the forum

Grass Track monday 15th

Another good turnout tonight, 12 i think it was. Great first grass rides from Brendan, Tom and Dave who was borrowing Daniels golden arrow (much honour). Brendan briefly held the kilo record with 1.44.03 before Iain fired up the banana bike to do 1.43.86.

A bit of "Shauns game", a devil, Italian pursuit, a rather long Bristow devil and a cracking last man standing with Martin and Brendan playing cat and mouse for the last 4 laps, Brendan nudging it on the line. Flippin windy down the home straight mind!

Comments

• Loved it!

Really showed up my lack of fitness, but hopefully that will improve!
  • That was great fun. Really enjoyed it. Thanks Tim, and everyone else who took part.
  • Great fun and flipping good workout. Spent the rest of the evening rerunning my sprint against Brendan over and over in my mind. Great to see new faces. Give the Mondays a go. It's ok to get there a bit late. Or as often in my case: very late.
  • The commentary discussion was pretty involved during that race!
  • Sounds great! Grass track bike now ready, see you chaps next week hopefully!
  • Who was the money on, Daniel? :smiley:
  • Late off work again - maybe destined to only make every other attempt! See you next monday hopefully.
  • For any new comers I'd recommend avoiding using Richard as your starter!
  • Thanks for a great session again Tim.

Sophie - 1.43 to beat now for the kilo.
  • edited May 2017
    Well Brendan; the smart money was moving horses pretty frequently. With Lawless on your tail on the final back straight we thought he could have beaten you if he'd made his move there. However you held him off.

Whatever was on telly last night was nowhere near as exciting as the epic dual between you two in that race. Thanks.

Nice work Sophie. Bananaman was looking a bit too smug last night!
  • I'm sure Sophie will be up for the kilo challenge again. She upped her gearing last weekend and I just need to put her some proper wheels on her grass track bike and she will be good for the attempt. Just not sure if it will be tonight as she is sitting exams at the moment.