Welcome to the forum

ECCA E2/25 28 May 2017

Just had a note from the organiser to confirm everyone is in.

Comments

• Early start though :(
  • GWDGWD
    edited May 2017
    See you there.

Glad I've been accepted as I've been rejected from the middle markers ride in june for the e2/25
  • Lucky you with No 2 at 6:02 G !
  • I know & Janet is 118!! Looks like I'll be hanging around for a while!

We take ownership of a campervan this weekend... guess who'll be camping at HQ?!
  • 6:30 for me Gareth so not much better. 4am ish wakeup as i want to put a good ride in. Be no traffic then either haha :(
  • The lack of traffic was my concern. I normally train at 5:30 in the morning so not bothered about that.
  • Yeah shame we will habe it so quie! Nevermind. Great CCA turnout
  • Dave's off at 7:29, whilst I'm representing the club as marshal. I'll be sure to give you all a good cheer as you go past!
  • Excellent. See you there Jenny!! :-D
  • @Jenny i see yourself & Dave are also racing in Stowmarket on the monday as well. Another early start. Who needs sleep hey!?!
  • Yes Gareth, we've got a campsite right next to the A14 at Thurston for the weekend...looking forward to it!
  • It was a bit of an odd race for me on Sunday. Ended up being first off at 06:02 and a very lonely ride for the first leg to the turnaround point. Usually a busy stretch of road on Saturday afternoons, but on a bank holiday weekend Sunday at that time I think i saw about 10 cars and no other riders until a few miles after the turn. It was good to see @JMac out to support on the RAB and @Jenny A marshalling at the RAB.

Once again, the wind was blowing in the "wrong" direction (headwind out) resulting in a less than impressiveness 30 mins out leg, but a 25 min return leg resulting in a 55:09 with my Watts down 10% on target, which I blame the poor nights sleep in the camper, but 4 mins & 4 secs off my previous best on the course.

Janet, also tired after our camping expo also suffered from a mechanical again - not much luck this year.

Gareth Davies - 55:09
    Chris Potter - 54:12
    Dave Wells - 58:56
    James Davis - 59:07
    Janet Bassett - 1:03:25
    Justin Layne - 52:08

On Monday, myself, Jenny and Dave took part in the Stowmarket & District 10 Mile TT on the B10/38. Again planned to have breeze in the "wrong" direction with headwinds out mainly up hill and tailwinds back, downhill. Went hard out and tried to hold on to my watts which was a bit risky considering the 25m the day before. However, my legs felt really good and managed to hit my power target for the first time since the 1st race of the season resulting in a new 10m pb and 9th overall.

Gareth Davies - 21:18
    Dave Wells - 23:35
    Jenny Andrews - 25:07
    Janet Bassett - DNS (injured wrist)

• well done everyone