Welcome to the forum

N&DCA 4 Towcester

6 of us out for this 4th event in the N&DCA series. An unusual 15 mile circuit that had a loop in the middle which had to be done twice. Mainly dry for the race for all of us I think but it was very windy and had the odd short sharp shower. Jackie got very wet on the ride back to HQ.

Gareth Davies 9th
Jackie Field 11th 1st Woman 2nd X cat vet
MC 17th
James Mc 18th 1st Y Cat vet
Me 29th 8th X cat vet
Janet Bassett Not sure about the final outcome. Janet was off last but one and was misdirected by a marshal on the loop section meaning she did a third loop which was really disappointing for her.

Think we have picked up 2nd in the team event

Comments

• We eventually found Janet! We spoke to the organisers at the end who were very apologetic that all the marshals had left their posts and taken the signs even knowing not everyone had finished or confirmed DNFs. Anyway, after some discussions (mainly by James) we "agreed" she would be classified as a finisher but slowest female time. Which gives CCA a female finish but she MAY have got 3rd female if not sent around again.

Lesson learnt - know the course

I thought i came 7th with 3rd or 4th place N&DCA points after team Bottrille & D2Z riders not bring eligible for scoring.

Yes, we got 2nd team behind Peterborough by less than a minute.

I enjoyed the race even after getting there late without a real warmup, the heavy showers, potholes & winds.

Also nice chatting with CCA riders.
  • Thanks & I apologise for questioning. Must ride harder, become more aero or lose weight. Not a great course for me.