Welcome to the forum

Final of the Tour Series - Stevenage Old Town - Bank Holiday Monday

Stevenage Old Town is hosting the final of the 2017 Tour Series on Bank Holiday Monday evening - with various local cycle related activities throughout the day (such as Stef's post). Also, before the women's race, the women's Team Time Trial, an interesting choice, given the very short, crit-style course - I'm intrigued as to how that'll work...

As we did last year, I think a few of us will be heading to the southern end of the course from about 4ish, outside the Marquis of Lorne pub, who helpfully put on a bbq last year...

Details can be found at:

http://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-stevenage/159012/

Or watch the highlights on ITV4...

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Popped along this morning for the kid's events and the relay race of all the local clubs.

The ToH do it all really well for kids and cycling for the very youngest riders. MC Jez is very good on the mic and is always very complimentary about CCA.

Ability to ride a bike not even required... We had a 1km scooter race, with Gabriel in 2nd. Then there was the Youth Sportive: nearly 1hr of loops of the circuit with kids getting their card stamped every 1km. Young Joshua Porter, only just 4 years old, managed 10 laps. I think he'll make the highlights show on ITV4, Monday 10pm. While Ethan got the most out of everyone around with 23km.

There only seemed to be Tour Series racing at grown-up level. But there was the inter-club relay race which me, Scott and Ethan Storti were coerced into. We came 2nd and got to get on the pro podium.

There are 3 more events in the series;
    9 July - Redbourn
    16 July - Welwyn
    6 August - Watford

I can't find any details yet of the racing on the BC site for the remaining ones. But they're good for a day out and I think certainly have kids stuff on at each one. Make a note.

Series website; http://theendinfrench.wixsite.com/tourofhertfordshire

• Marcus lit that up!

Friend and i had a good time, great event