Welcome to the forum

RTTC Round 5 Greystoke Cumbria

edited May 2017 in Time Trial
Another long drive to take part in the 5th event of this series. We made the journey on Saturday morning to give us time to scope out the course. Jeremy had already warned us they had been a lot of chipping going on. Not a pleasant journey. Hot and sticky with more than a few traffic hold ups.
We arrived in bright sunshine but within 5 miles of starting the sighting lap we were engulfed by thick cloud almost constant thunder and torrential rain. Little point in taking shelter so just slogged back to the car. Absolutely soaked. The last time I was that wet on a bike was about 4 years ago doing the C2C in almost exactly the same place.

Race day was dry and a bit overcast with a brisk wind.
Strangely the race was not hugely popular with only about 45 riders signed up across the cats. This is a shame as the surroundings are stunning.
Having already won the vets prize Jackies aim was to maintain her current standing in the vets on target and the womens allowing for Hayley Simmonds to take the win (which she did not by 2 seconds to her team mate Katie Archibald)

Jackie got first vet and because of the results of the others she could still get fourth woman but it will go down to the last event for this.

I rode this as well as it was too far to travel without getting a ride in and as mentioned stunning scenery. Despite my best efforts (Strava said I worked as hard as I could) I was last and last but one on target. Sadly unlike the Scotland race there was no lantern rouge prize :-(