Welcome to the forum

Hillingdon youth road nationals

Today several people from cca took part in the 4th round of the national youth circuit series at Hillingdon. I am not quite sure how the other cca's did.

In the under 16 girls race, Harley and I competed against a tough field with just under 60 competitors. This was a fast but fairly flat race, racing for an hour plus 5 laps, with constant attacks off the front throughout the race. I had a good position coming into the final corner ready for the sprint finish, coming away with a 4th overall. I am not quite where Harley came but she did finish in the bunch which was a really good performance.

Mark Lightfoot and Sam Quiggin were racing in the under 12 boys. I do not know how they got on as their race was a lot later then mine so we did not stay to see it.

Comments

• Well done all CCA riders. 4th is a great result in such a large field Sophie. Any other reports?
  • Sam rode well in the under 12's. Unfortunately Mark couldn't make it. There was a break from the first lap which he tried to chase but no-one would work with him. Throughout the race he was in the bunch, chasing down some ill-conceived attacks and stringing them out towards the end of the race.

The break stayed away until the end. Sam rolled in mid bunch, we think about 15th but was annoyed about his positioning and some of the riding from others. He wanted a top 10, and was probably strong enough. But he chose the wrong wheel. Good learning all round though, given he's still got another year in this category.