Welcome to the forum

Chaingang Tues 13 June 2017, 7.30pm

Ashwell, Three Tuns 7.30pm: departure/warm-up.
Steeple Morden, Waggon pub 7.35pm approx: for the start.

1. If more than 15, we need to split in half. Faster group goes ahead.
2. Keep it smooth. No surging or breaking off the front.
3. You can't expect too much mercy. You may get dropped. Create a new chain, TTT with others or solo it.

Weather forecast very good. 0mph wind.

Comments

• To make things interesting I'm going to offer myself up as a carrot, will be out on my TT bike and nip off the front before the chain starts to build up a gap. Catch me if you can. I'll sit up and drop off the back if you do, i don't need any telling about TT bikes in groups ;)
  • Thanks, I'm working tonight but should be free next week to be out again!
  • Run rabbit run.
  • It was the fastest lap of the year, second-fastest of this and all of last year, and the 5th fastest lap - ever - tonight: lap 1 was 24.9mph.

10 out. Me, Mat P, Matt P, Adam L, Sophie, James D, Taff, Vincenzo, Iain and Chris P. Though Chris popped off the front and stayed there all the time. We closed the gap a bit at one point, though we all think we were being played...

It felt tough tonight. Maybe it was the pace of the first lap, with the heat, and flippin' flies. Lap 2 was much less power, at 24.0mph. And lap 3 was the same speed - though the last half was a three-man TTT.

We should note we are in the possible 4-lap weeks now. Something to think about. Though I was in bits after 3 laps, to be honest.

Thanks everyone.
  • You weren't being played, i hit a little rough patch along that road, looked back and you were coming like a intercity express which steeled my resolve a bit, top work! It did feel like a very tough night and i slowed down too
  • Lap 1 - 9 riders - ave power 220W - ave speed 24.9 mph

Lap 2 - 5 riders - ave power 226W - ave speed 24.0 mph

Speed in numbers then