Welcome to the forum

Alston Road Race, Peterborough, Sun 2 July

The start sheet is done and I've luckily managed to get a place in the Cat 3/4 ERRL race. Fingers crossed other CCA riders did and we can hatch a plan? I know a few applied. Let us know.

It's short: 39 miles. Hill finish.

Comments

• I didn't get in, unfortunately... I'm down as a reserve.

I am racing in the Haverhill CC race on Sunday though.
  • I was also lucky enough to be accepted. I'll be at the IC15 this weekend so may see you around to have a chat.
  • I'm in at Haverhill and Alston - just about cobbled together a bike with intact handlebars in time... Dry run at MK bowl on Thursday, I think - bit points-hungry now, time I got my act together....
  • Really sorry Matt, I've had to pull out of Haverhill tomorrow - had trouble replacing my bars for the second time this week, and the internal cabling has gone awry- try as I might, it's not going to be fixed by the morning.
    Good luck though!
  • Dave: route the cables on the outside of your bars and bind the tape over it. No one will know and your brakes/gears will work better - win/win.

See you at the race tomorrow.
  • Thanks Daniel- unfortunately where the routing distance has changed slightly, and the cable frayed whilst I was rerouting it and had to cut the end off, the cable I was trying to reuse was too short - schoolboy error not having spare new cables... So I've had to give up my place to the reserves...
  • Of course the best bikes have no cables...

The Haverhill CC race was super fast for the first few laps. Only about 20 finished. Twas hot!