Welcome to the forum

Comments

• I'm in.
  • Yup, I have entered also. Richard sounded interested too.
  • Any of the younger cxers doing this? Alfie is thinking of doing the short one.
  • Thomas cant make his mind up, but I fancy doing the short one with him so hopefully we'll be there.
  • Keen, but don't have cross bike, only a 26" mtb.
  • same only really old MTB bike
  • Archie and i will do the shorter route - looks like online entries are closed but you can sign on the day.
    Iain
  • A MTB will be fine. Just pump the tyres up hard and lock out the suspension.

It's always a relaxed signing on and start. We usually get the privilege of starting in the first group so lets try and meet up around 8:30am at the signing on.

Stevie's down for the shorter ride as well.
  • About 12 of us riding today. Absolutely top ride, really enjoyed that despite an off, flat out trying to stay with MC down a rutted descent.

Everyone was going really strongly - looking good for the new season. MC in particular going very well. Our speed to the feedstation was an insanely fast 16 mph and MC and Vincent beat us there by 10 minutes.

Really ache now but now sure how much due to the off and how much due to the effort over the bumps.
  • Yes a really great event today. MC is on some very special form! I am feeling very fatigued and my legs hurt.

Great day for a long ride around the fields. I knew some of the lanes and paths; it was great to have it all put together into a grand day out.

A simple sausage roll has never tasted so good as the one I ate afterwards.

Sorry Mark crashed - hope you recover soon.

I know of two CCA punctures; both on Schwalbe Land Cruisers. Go figure.
  • puncture on a land cruiser? - that just cannot be!!