Welcome to the forum

National 100

Just prompting a report from Jackie... the results are up!

No spoilers from me, but...... amazing stuff!

Comments

• agree Will. Astounding .
  • edited July 2017
    James Mac and I both took part in the National 100 in Farnham on Sunday. Although on a dual carriageway it didn't seem like a particularly fast course as it had a very poor road surface - lots of pot holes (which James managed to make a beeline for twice) and a 5 mile section which was just shocking - constant bumps and cracks - felt like you were going over rumble strips. There were three roundabouts (1 very busy) which on a five lap circuit made for a total of 19. It kicked off at 7:00 and James was off at 7:22 and myself at 8:00 so already starting to get warm. For me the first 60 felt Ok and although my power metre refused to pick up I was hitting my target times. I found lap 4 a bit tough and had a disaster trying to take gels from Stuart who kept trying to get ahead of me to offer me up things and every time I missed and splattered them along the road side - In the end I gave up trying and settled for water - note to self to practice this if I am foolhardy enough to do this again. With one 20 mile lap to go I just tried to stick with it and knew at the bottom turn that I should hopefully be able to come in under 4 hours which was my aim. I finished in 3 hours 57minutes 36 seconds so a PB by 2 minutes 14 which I was really pleased with. James had a really good ride - didn't struggle at all with fatigue and finished in 4 hours 10 minutes and 43 seconds for his first 100! Brilliant ride! Our times were good enough to win our respective age groups and I was also 3rd woman overall behind Alice Lethbridge and Kate Allan from Drag 2 Zero. Huge thanks to Stuart and Roz for their support and for standing at the road side in that heat for 4 hours.

Jackie
  • fantastic riding Jackie and James!
  • Unbelievable riding from both. I had a couple of friends racing and the heat was a real challenge over that distance.
    Jackie, that is a huge ride against the countries best who are not only at the top of their game, they are supported heavily with aerodynamic testing and equipment.

James - Glad it all worked out, I hope I'm as fast as you when I'm 40 aswell ;)
  • I rode some of my fastest times without a power meter a couple of seasons back. I think it's good to do the occasional tt without looking at your numbers. It obviously didn't slow you down... any podium pictures?
  • Understated as ever Jackie! Brilliant rides by Jackie and James...doing the club proud.
  • Fantastic rides, well done both
  • edited July 2017
    Some pics from Sunday

This is the link to the RTTC site. https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-report/15514#anchor

Personally agree with Luke about the support and there is little made of the fact that Jackie is a few Cats ahead of those youngsters!!
  • It was great to be a part of the Team Ashwell support group - I only managed to see Jackie whiz by whilst Stuart was cursing in a layby after another failed attempt for a fuel upload, but she was flying and her achievement this year has been phenomenal, and no fluke - I know all the hours of work she has put into her training regime this year. She is a true elite athlete and congratulations to her for another national podium finish. Well done to James too, as he put in a superb time, and managed to grab his bottle on the way through. Hats off to Ashwell cycling club, who offer support from the juniors right up to the silver surfers.
  • More brilliance from Jackie and James, awesome! although James you seem to have had time to wave and smile for the camera. reckon you lost a few aeros there.