Welcome to the forum

Diabetes Charity - Ride London

A few people have expressed interest in helping me raise money for JDRF the Type 1 Diabetes charity - hence why I'm posting this here. This year I am riding the Prudential 100 in aid of this charity.

Type 1 Diabetes is a disease that has affected friends of ours, a colleague of mine and at least one member of this club.

If you would like to sponsor me see the link below

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/peter-daniels-mjn-PRLS-2017-42507767

Thanks in advance

Comments

• That's that done then! I managed to raise over £1800 for the charity and I'm pleased with that. Thanks for your contributions.

I also managed a PB today at 5 hours 11mins despite it being a bit windier this year. I know there are people in the club who can ride faster than that but as far as I concerned that's licking on and I'm pleased with that too.

If you've not ridden Ride London I completely recommend it. It's great riding on closed roads passing all the sights and the event is very well organised such that you don't get caught up in traffic as you do in the running marathon but you do get the chance to join multiple pelotons. A few miles of cheeky drafting came in handy!

Time for a beer I think!
  • Well done Pete. Good time. I Trust you had no hold ups this year?
    Did you see Shelton?