Welcome to the forum

Albi Amateur world championships August 24 to 28

Is anyone going to this?
I am currently entered in the 65 to 70 category.
I would like to compare notes re logistics
Mike Dandy

Comments

• Hi Mike -

I am also going (45-49 category).
    Although, I doubt I can be that helpful in logistics... I staying with my parents (~2hours away from Albi) for the few days beforehand & only staying in Albi the night before.

I also went to Denmark 2 years ago. It was tough! The first hour of racing was brutal. I found it very hard to stay with the pack, so this time I am aiming to be much better warmed up and ready to fight to get to the front of the peloton.

I think it will be fun - assuming I can get into some decent shape!

Mat
  • for people who didn't qualify directly might be worth checking your e'mails

"Dear rider,
    In June, you participated in the Tour of Cambridgeshire Granfondo, a qualifier event for the 2017 UCI Gran Fondo World Championships.
    You didn’t qualify directly, finishing in the first 25% of your age group, but thanks to the recall in which we replace riders who announce us not to attend or who haven’t registered before a certain deadline, we give you the chance to participate in the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships which will be held in Albi (France) from 24 to 27 August 2017.

(doesn't really make a difference for me as I have plans.)
  • Hi Mike,
    Jenny and I are going to Albi - driving down a couple of days beforehand, probably in two chunks, and camping a few miles out of town. Then we'll be heading over to the Cevennes for a week or so before starting the trip home...
  • Email came today - promoting my finishing place & inviting me to attend. Race license, medical certificate & National jersey required. I do however have plans so cannot attend....
  • Got the invite for the time trial. Think I'll wait until next year when I qualify first time around!
  • Hi Mike, All,
    I'll be going along to compete in this also - qualified at ToA earlier this year. I expect it to be tough (plenty of gradient to sort us all out!). Not sure of plans yet, may well be in France on business earlier in the week so will transit across, but TBC. Be good for us all to try and meet up whilst there?
    Simon