Welcome to the forum

Off Road Club Run Sunday 6th August

I am planning an off road ride on Sunday so happy to lead a club run if anyone is interested,

I can do a short or long ride depending on preference. Long ride would be 40-45 miles starting in Ashwell, down through Baldock/Letchworth with a big loop round Hitchin through Offley/Hexton/Pirton and back. The short version could start at my house in Hitchin and just do the big loop round Hitchin, 25 miles. Refreshments at mine after.

Also some opportunity to do a bit of running up steep hills with the bike if interested. Great for 3 Peaks training!

Cross bikes or MTB.

photo cyclocross-is-coming_zpsaqhzfktz.jpg

Comments

• expressing an interest Dave.

i can mtb or cx depending on what others have to ride
  • Sam and I would be interested. Our preference would be the longer route, either mtb or cx

Pete
  • I am hoping to be there. Can meet you at Ashwell.
  • Ok, let's meet at the Three Tuns at 9.00 for the long route. It's 45 miles and there's no where to stop for refreshments so I suggest bring all you need for about a 4 hour ride.

There's nothing on the route which would require an MTB so CX would be best given that there's some road sections.
  • 5 out for a lumpy 45 mile ride. Lots of sharp climbs and grin inducing descents, 2500 feet in total.

The 3 older riders were all about done by the end but the youth riders looked like they could do another lap. Indeed Adam even rode home and bagged himself 4 KOMs!
  • Thanks for a great ride Dave. Yes I was in bits by the end!