Welcome to the forum

Sunday 6th August 0930

Weather looks fine for the Sunday ride. Planned route to go west 45-50 miles @ 15/16
Hope to see you then

Comments

• Talking about 4-6 weeks before I can ride properly again. Will do very short stuff before then.
    Come to coffee after if you like. Just let me know.
    CP
  • Yo Ho Cap'n.

Need to stay in touch so see you in the cabin tomorrow.

FD
  • FDFD
    edited August 2017
    Yo Ho

Good to touch base with the Cap'n, Sonic & Sgt Pain over coffee and banter in the sunshine.

Let's look at Italy for next year's trip. I'll text you with details of the cycling hotel we stayed at when the kids were small.

28 miles for me today at a sedate 15mph.

FD
  • Yes fancy Italy
    A new trek

Make it so....
    CP
  • Yo Ho Cap'n

You're buying a new American bike?

FD
  • Just a star ship
    On impulse drive
    To boldly go where no man has gone before
    CP
  • FDFD
    edited August 2017
    Yo Ho

Speaking of American bikes, I rode on an abysmal specimen of a mountain/hybrid monstrosity yesterday. It was necessary for the family bike ride with the Flying Dutchwoman, Flying Dutchboy and Flying Dutchgirl on our jaunt from San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and Tiburon. A rattling, squeaking, heavyweight, only just functional beast and the bike wasn't much better! But what a ride. A bit foggier than the last couple of times I rode through Marin County eons ago, but massively improved by riding as a family this time and the sun shone on the far side of the Bay. Differences this time? The sheer numbers of people swarming London to Brighton style over this route to Sausalito harbour, lots of fat folk whizzing past derny-like on their e-bikes, (now there's a thought?!) a multitude of craft beer establishments (only visited 2) and much healthier food options than I remembered. A great family day out on the bikes rounded off with meeting friends who now live in the area. They are very lucky indeed to have such great cycling on their doorsteps.

I reckon 18 miles @ around a very gentle 10mph.

Francisco Dutchman