Welcome to the forum

New 2nd Cat...

I suspect she won't say much about it, so I will instead...

Jenny was 7 points off getting her 2nd Cat this week - after hitting some good form, and with not all that many events left in the racing calendar, she took the difficult decision to pull out of the Interclub TT to race at Gravesend Cyclopark instead. The gamble paid off, and despite the apocalyptic weather conditions (some girls being left with bruising from the hailstones), she managed to sprint to 3rd place, giving her exactly the 7 points she needed to achieve her season's main objective of getting her 2nd Cat.

Without sounding like a doting parent (I'm married to her, if you didn't realise), I'm very proud - she (and her coach Mark Fraser from Full Moo) has put in a huge amount of work since her injury problems at the start of the season, and like just about everyone else in the club who has had crash problems in recent months, she's also come back stronger than before - Taff, there's hope for you yet - don't give up on the racing!

Comments

• Fantastic news Jenny. We possibly have the nucleus of a CCA womens team developing then. Sophie has dispensation now to ride up in the adult age cats but only on closed roads, but give her 16 months and she will be in the junior/adult races. With her fourth place in the road national champs this year she will start as a cat 2 when she goes up.
  • Superb stuff Jenny ! Congrats !!
  • Well done Jenny. Congrats!
  • Many congratulations Jenny. Fantastic season-long effort. Magic!
  • Well done Jenny
  • Congratulations Jenny. So deserved. Cheers!
  • Amazing @Jenny. Its been a privalage watching you develop and preserve as you've learnt to race. 2nd cat is amazing.

No pressure @davewells but you need to get 2nd cat now
  • Well done Jenny. Shows all that hard work has paid off. My season is finished but I'm already looking forward to preparing for the next.
  • Brilliant Jenny, very well done!
  • Sweet news Jenny. Well done
  • edited August 2017
    Ditto Dave's comments - Jenny has worked so hard this year, and she has overcome some pretty major setbacks.

Not many people will know how badly hurt she was in her early season crash. She rode (and finished) the Tour of Malta stage race a few weeks later whilst still suffering from the effects. I didn't think she'd be able to start the race, let alone finish it...

Mark F

• Congratulations :) that picture is EPIC
  • Great work Jennie.. surely this means only one thing..new bike time?! Or wheels minimum ;)
  • Whooooa there Chris, steady there...! Start of season crash led to new bike this year already... (actually, replacement wheels this week!)
  • You both deserve a rest from all the success Dave. Well done Jenny. Why not pop up here 1st weekend in Sept. with James for some relaxing hills.
  • Thanks everyone, I'm just so pleased to be back enjoying the racing, it was looking a bit touch and go for a while there!

The women's racing scene is brilliant - so many riders of all kinds of abilities just giving it a go and setting their own targets, and having an amazing time. We might have lower numbers (at the moment...) than the men's races, but I reckon we have a lot more camaraderie between us.
  • Well done Jenny
  • Thanks Geoff - we'd really like to get up to yours again before the winter, but we're racing the Gran Fondo world finals in Albi at the end of August, so we won't be around to come up with James. We did wonder about hillclimbing events near you towards the end of Sept/Oct - are you aware of any on Tan Hill, the Stang, etc?
  • I'll sort it out for you. There is a cycling day in St John's Chapel Sept 10. That's a harder location than Tan Hill/Stang
  • Well done Jenny, great news.
  • Great news Jenny. Ace
  • Well done Jenny