Welcome to the forum

F1b/20 Open TT Report - Sun 6th Aug

edited August 2017 in Time Trial
To complete the round of this weekends race reports I thought I’d put a few words together on the Beds Open F1b/25 on Sun 6th Aug.

Myself and Jenny represented CCA at a ridiculously early time on Sunday (although admittedly not as early as Ride London) in what the organiser described as:

‘As always the F1 is a tough course. Slightly chilly conditions and an early morning fog meant
although little wind it wasn’t going to be a super fast day, but fantastic visibility and a dry road’.

I would disagree about the wind – although it looked very calm it was surprisingly blowy. The course goes on the A1 from Tempsford to Baldock services and back again with some hideous road surface on the stretch from Hinxworth to Baldock on both sides. It felt very wrong to be riding down the slip road to join the A1 and it was certainly getting busier with traffic on the return leg although I don’t know why people aren't still in bed at 7.30 on a Sunday morning!

I had a weight on my shoulders after being given my first ever ‘0’ number and bold name on the start sheet. After what felt like a slow start (although my Strava disagrees) I finally warmed up and felt good for the last 15miles or so, overtaking at least 5 riders.

I finished in 63:22, taking 1min10s off my time last year (under very similar conditions). This got me first lady by over a minute. Jenny came in at 68:47 which is impressive after the previous days efforts to get Cat2.

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Excellent work from you both, it was a good weekend for the CCA ladies by the looks of it. Great stuff!

Also, despite it being a dual carriageway course, the F1b isn't that fast. To knock a considerable amount off your pb on there is a great ride.
  • Thanks Will :) you're right it certainly isn't a fast course - its also quite soul destroying!