Welcome to the forum

SATURDAY MIDDLE GROUP 20 MARCH - 8AM ?

edited March 2010 in Club runs
Chaps. Fancy a 75m+ ride next saturday starting earlier at 8am and not 8.30am?

Comments

• Up for it. pace perhaps not as rapid.
  • 8am is good - would prefer to go further if setting off this early though i.e. 85m. Any particular route in mind?
  • Yes. easy pace 85m. Sounds perfect. Martin.... maybe your route?
  • I'll bring along a reserve route - expect hills....
  • I am off on holiday for the next two weekends. I will leave you chaps to it and rejoin you again at Easter.
  • Alex. get yourself entered into the PHOENIX RIDE on Easter Monday. Quite a few CCA have. Enjoy your hols.

http://londonphoenix.co.uk/pages/easter-classic/10/
  • Looks a bit too easy to be worth it. I am probably away that day anyway. Enjoy yourself.
  • 85m a bit far for me this weekend in terms of both fitness and time available. Let me know the route and I'll try to join you for the first part at least.

Chris
  • edited March 2010
    Chris. We'll definitely sort out a turning point on the day. Note 8am start.
  • Now have the kids to look after as my better half is away on Saturday. One day they'll be old enough to bring along ...
  • Hi chaps i am not around for the next couple of weeks.
    Good luck to all of you doing The Cheshire Cat next week.
  • Martin says we might as well push it to 100. Well then...
  • Here's a route for everyone. Just as well - because I think we're all on different pages right now - given some sportivers, racers and leisurists;

http://tiny.cc/85miler

Out to Sundon hill, Hexton hill. Down Lilley valley partway but then left up Kings Walden hill and Preston - to mix it up a bit. Very scenic there too. Loads of deer. Going back to Wymondley - where people could shoot back to Ashwell and make it a 58miler. Or on to Graveley hill to Luffenhall [people can turn there to Ashwell for 63miles]. Or on east - Buntingford, Wyddial, Sharpenhoe and swing into the wind thru Therfield for an 85er.

If there's time, it'd be rude not to bust out to Potton/Wrestlingworth hill to make it a tonne.

Caveat: am still raw after fall so chance I will bail the ride at any point or slip back to club run pace and let you fly off. Also weather forecast poor - so we'll see...

2 potential cafe stops - Ardeley and Westmill.
  • BRING A BROLLY FOR THE ODD LIGHT SHOWER.
  • Not quite the distance due to the weather and my punctures. Thanks chaps giving me spares and help. Cheers ears.
  • Hard ride in the wind and at times big showers. All good stuff. We cut short when Robbie's tyre was clearly 4 inner tubes unhappy - but we'd done all the climbs we'd wanted to fit in by then. It was just the steady miles at the end that were lost - no problem.

Me, Robbie, Pete, Phil A out: good camaraderie on the road. Particularly during the punctures. Not sure how I'll fare on Mow Cop with these ribs next week - but I'll have a go! Pete suffered a chute sans gravit
  • Very drole Martin.