Welcome to the forum

Cycle Computer

Anyone use a Wahoo ELEMNT? uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-computers

The [cheaper than Garmin] and 17 hour battery life seems mighty appealing, especially for the Spain ride. Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Comments

• Hi -
    I have one, I bought it to replace my Garmin 810 (which I was fed-up with). I am very happy with it & think it is excellent.

Wahoo are very responsive in bringing software updates (they released a great live-track a couple of weeks ago, for example).

It integrates with Strava & RideWithGPS very well - any routes you have on either will sync to the ELEMNT & the live Strava segments are very well done too.

I have never had a problem with it connecting to any of my sensors, nor any issues with it syncing rides once I get home (my rides auto-sync onto Strava before I've got my shoes off!)

Where it does fall down is structured workouts (i.e. setting up an interval session to follow). There is no support currently, although it is supposed to be coming soon.

DR Rainmaker recently did a comparison of the Wahoo BOLT vs Garmin 510: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/best-bike-gps-2017-garmin-wahoo.html

(the BOLT is a bit smaller, but runs the same software as the ELEMNT).

Mat