Welcome to the forum

Monday Grass Track

Daniel and I will be at Smallgains tomorrow evening for a few laps on the grass. Neither of us have container keys but if anyone with their own bikes wants to join in I'm sure we can do a few efforts.

Monday 4th September will probably be the final session for the season. With everyone back from holidays perhaps we can finish with a big Madison session. There'll be some tired legs after the Cornfields but most of us will be in the same state!

Comments

• no, cant do tomorrow but love the sound of a big madison next week!
  • I've borrowed a set of keys so if anyone needs to use a club bike we are sorted.
  • Nice and relaxed feel to tonight’s grass track hearing about holidays. Some went MTB riding in Cornwall, some downhill MTB in France, some touring in Wales and, in my case, getting freaked out in a cow field on my CX bike.

We managed some kilo time trials. The times as follows:
    Sam Daniels 1’51.5”
    Stevie Wyer 2’07.6”
    Archie Foulkes 1’49.4”
    Peter Daniels 1’55.5”
    Iain Foulkes 1’36.2”
    Mark Wyer 1’59.4”
    Creutzfeldt Jakob 1’57.4”

We all did at least two laps warm down.
  • Lets try and do a big Madison session to finish the season on Monday evening. We need as many riders as possible to make it work. No experience needed, it'll be low key and fun. There'll be some tired legs after the Cornfields anyway!

We need to try and start at 6:45pm as there is not much light left by 8pm.
  • Adam & I are planning to be there tonight if it stays dry.
  • Great Madison session this evening with 6 teams. We had to cut short a bit early as it was getting difficult to spot your partner - at least it was for my old eyes. Fun end to the season. A big thanks to the youngsters for showing us old ones how to perform decent handslings and keep things safe.

Thanks everyone for a great summer of Monday evening sessions, especially Tim for organising.