Welcome to the forum

Ashwell Autumn Grass Track Racing, Sat 9th Sept 2017, sign-on 1pm

edited August 2017 in Grass Track
I thought it worth making a poster to promote CCA's grass track event on Sat 9th Sept.

Riders and volunteers to help: very welcome. You can enter on the day. Sign on 1pm, racing 2pm.

Or just come and watch and cheer on CCA. It's the Ashwell-Wells ride the day before: to help stretch the legs. And the Springfield CX racing the day after to take them to infinity and beyond.

Let me know if there's any errors on the poster - then please send it out to all clubs and forums.

Comments

• Nice poster!! I'll be there!!

ps Rich for third CAT next year, look at him leading the Bristow!
  • Just to mention the Organiser of Spalding on 2nd of september was really keen to get some more entries, only 6 pre entries for seniors. I rode it last year, it was a great venue, and well organised. Last year was WET!!, but this year is forecast sun. It's there clubs 90 year celebrations so think they want to put on a good show. There is entry on the day.
  • Noah's in. Cool Poster btw
  • Last day of grass track racing was a good one (on the whole!). The weather was mixed - with some heavy downpours that meant the track became a bit like speedway in places. This became all to apparent on the senior devil with a big crash taking out pretty much the entire field. Martin L was then walking round like a punch-drunk boxer who should have retied in the 5th. Fortunately a trip to A&E confirmed he was OK. More than can be said for his helmet and bike - never seen a broken helmet and a bent chainring on the grass before.

Great turnout from the Ashwell youngsters who rode their socks off - some future stars in there, and some great racing from the seniors with Jenny picking up a tenner for her troubles, Luke showing off his road racing form (you see Will - it is possible to switch codes and survive) and Mitchy going home with the glory and the guilt of a taking down the entire senior field!

Max and Sandra got a good send off from the kids - their last formal event i think.

Track's ruined for the season - time for Cross!

Thanks to everyone who helped out to make it such a good day.

Iain

• Luke's been secret training on a track bike Iain. Don't believe a word of it when he says he's not ridden one before...
  • I had survivors guilt, tinged with disappointment I was one rider short of taking the entire field out....if only Ian had been behind me.
  • All sounds rather lively! Glad to hear Martin is ok.
    Max sent me the result as follow
  • Thanks everyone for taking great care of me once I lost all sense of reality, didn't know my own name and was talking gibberish: oh hang on, I was thinking of the devastating 8km 24-lap race before the big spill in the Devil race...

Seriously: thanks again to everyone who helped me out and helped the kids continue with their fun. The care and support was very touching. It was a great example of the Club at its best.

All fine and back to normal now, if not a bit groggy.

Great racing. Well done all CCA riders, and Mitchy and Luke. The kids racing was excellent too: CCA stormed it. Thanks to all the organisers too. And the coffee/cake van thing a good one for the future.
  • Why has it taken me so long to do a bit of grass track!!

Seriously good fun and so easy to get going. Inn ought a track bike off Tom T for the price of a front wheel, was given an expert 1 hour crash course from Mitchy (no pun intended), then off to Mildenhall for my first taste of racing. Then immediately signed up for the Ashwell meet!

I essentially see it as a picnic with a bit of bike racing thrown in. Best part is unlike a long road race, if you make a tactical or skill error, you get another chance after a short break.

Glad to hear you are well now Martin, you were going well after the Wells ride the day before! Great seeing the youth racing, battling with Iain and watching Mitchy ride away from the field in every event!

@wilburtrump should have another go, although he may want to do it with mudguards and two abreast!
  • Update on CC Luton Dave: he is being stoical but has nasty bruising and some cuts on his stomach. He's made of strong stuff though.

Luke; don't forget the mudflaps.
  • Will isn't man enough for grass track....only for hard core riders
  • Pesky 2nd claim members talking rubbish on the forum...