Welcome to the forum

Chaingang Tues 29 August 2017, 7.30pm

With the bank holiday, it's easy to forget: chaingang this Tuesday.

Happy to do an all-inclusive one again. Come on down. They'll soon be finishing for the summer.

Ashwell, Three Tuns. Depart 7.30pm
Steeple Morden, Waggon & Horses. Start 7.35pm

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Should be there. If it's not busy I might just do some short intervals
  • I'll be there.
  • Thanks!
    Double day for me. Can't get enough of this!
    Hopefully on for next week ..
  • 6 out in the warm gloom. Lap 1, 23.8mph. Lap 2, 24.0mph.

The last half of the second lap needed decent lights. So I think that's it for the normal summer chaingangs. They've been fun. Sometimes well attended. Always safe. Great training. Thanks all riders.

How about a 1-lap crack at the course record next Tuesday?

It's club night then too btw.

We could do with 10-12 or so riders, a bit of good weather and self-belief. Av it!

• Chaingang was great. Loved it. Unfortunately I was a bit unlucky on the way home. Two miles from home my front wheel hit something on the road, and I came off pretty hard. After 7 hrs in A&E it was confirmed that I've fractured my wrist. Few cuts and bruises, and I'm not sure of the state of the bike!

Even though I had decent front lights, I don't doubt the darkness played a part. I was probably going too fast, ironically so that I would get home safe before it got darker! So that's the end of racing for me for this year. I won't even have the pleasure of the hill-climb!
  • Sorry to hear that Brendan - I hope its not too painful and that you are on the mend soon. At least its close to the end of the season and I hope the bike can also be repaired.
  • Bad luck Brendan. Your front light last night was bright enough to melt lead so you were unlucky to catch a bump on the road. It was good to see you out and I was marvelling at how low on the bike you were: honed TT skills I guess.

The hill-climb is 5 weeks away: maybe things will improve quickly.

Maybe see you soon at the Ashwell grass track racing with the kids.

Get well soon. And get well Chris P too who had a date with Alpine tarmac the other week.
  • Sorry to hear this. Get well soon Brendan
  • Ouch! Sounds like very bad luck Brendan - hope things improve soon.
  • You'd be quick even with one arm tied behind, Brendan. Get well soon!