Welcome to the forum

Request: Borrow a high end turbo trainer for a week or 2?

Evening all, as you may have seen, I had an unfortunate date with Alpine tarmac a couple of weeks back, resulting in a dislocated shoulder, as i will need to be careful for a couple more weeks i'll be back on the turbo. I have a cheap, basic Elite Chrono jobbie currently, and am thinking of upgrading. To that end i was hoping to try before i buy...

If anyone has a high end (Kickr, Neo, Kurt Kinetic etc) that they would be willing to let me try for a couple of weeks i would be eternally grateful

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your unfortunate date with the alpine tarmac - hope you have a speedy recovery.

Throughly recommend the Wahoo Kickr it just works and it is built like a tank. I've mainly used it in Ergo mode with Trainerroad or the Wahoo app. I've got the v1 version but I might be looking to move it on as I believe you need v2 version if you want it to work with the new Wahoo climb that's due for release in the next few months.

Get well soon
  • edited September 2017
    Alright mate. Just bought a kickr a week or so ago

Not even unboxed it yet

Feel free to take it, I won't start using it until mid sept

edit just seen steve's post. could be a good chance to grab a v1 (every bit as good) for a good price ;)
  • I have just bought an elite muin b+ from Halfords. £260. Direct drive and smart. Reduced from £500 to £290 then add your BC discount. I don't think it's as good as a kickr or a tacx but still a great deal for a direct drive smart trainer.