Welcome to the forum

N&DCA Rnd 9 Husbands Bosworth

Only 4 CCA at this one on Saturday afternoon. Fine weather with light winds should have made for fast times but this circuit on narrow country roads has a shocking surface and has a series of sharp turns in the middle section.

Jackie got 1st lady and 1st Master X cat
Emma got 3rd lady

Noah was 1st Junior

I was somewhere in the middle again but did beat my standards time and just about counted for the team.
We have just about held on to our 1st place with the team but that competition will now be decided at our own event at Brogborough in a couple of weeks. A decent turn out and performance needed if we are going to hold on to 1st place.

Stuart

Comments

• Thanks for the write up Stuart. It certainly was a challenging course and the road surface was shocking which is a shame as it was a nice area and would have been a lovely course if the roads resembled roads!

Although down in numbers we did a good job for CCA and although I don't know the full details of how the calculations are done I think we may now have secured the win for the women's team competition?
  • Well done all. Looks like you did the club proud again. Noticed quite a few DNS'd (inc myself). Ive entered the next race but 50:50 if I'll race right now.

Not sure how the team results are made up but the scoring has been updates and looks like we've taken a bigger lead.

Well done the women's team IF you've already secured/retained the title
  • edited September 2017
    It's the best 19 rides (on points) - with the last race having quite a strong field (94 riders) it may be hard make too much headway and very possible to be overtaken by top performers from other clubs - we'll see :anguished:

Standard course is the plan with the Emergency course as backup.

Thanks for all offers of help so far for next Saturday.