Welcome to the forum

New wheels

edited July 2008 in General
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice. please Having had a few chats with people on rides, I have had advice that I would benefit from buying some new wheels and tyres rather than changing my bike. However, I have absolutely no knowledge about what I should get. I don't want to spend a fortune, my bike only cost £500, but it seems spending a bit of money on wheels, might be a good investement. Any tips would be most welcome.
Thanks.
Paul

Comments

• I bought a pair of Ultegra wheels from Trisports that they offered to me for a lot less than £200 [it was as part of a repair/service total cost - so i might have got a better price than normal]. Very good price anyway. I can see them in their offer section on their web site at 230.00 [plus your CCA 10% discount of course]. And I reckon they'd fit them for free too.

Or a pair of shimano 105? You won't go wrong there I bet in terms of improvement from something default.

Tyres - I know Bob likes the Pro2 ones in the summer. And there are the newer Pro3 ones on the market that got good reviews.
  • I think Ribble have a sale on at the moment, extra 15% off if you spend over £50, that bmake a set of 105,s at around £135 ish, don't for get you will need a cassette as well.

Andy B
  • edited July 2008
    Hi Paul...

I have just been flicking through some cycling comics and note Dura Ace at £1,250.00 per pair (or perhaps that was just for one?) get a very good write up. I bet there wheely nice hey?

On a more serious note; Cycling Plus magazine did a reveiw of about 15 pairs of 'under £200.00 per pair wheels' last year and this may be of interest.

I'll pop it though your letter box when I am out your way one evening next week.

I will not be out on the ride next Saturday...... as I can not keep up with Alison anymore!

Take care....

John