Welcome to the forum

Cyclocross club championship

Central League have just announced the date for the Corby race , at which we held the club champs last season. It's on 23rd December! They're not having any races in the new year. Looking at the Eastern fixture list this doesn't clash and seems to be the only date on the calendar that doesn't apart from 15th October (Hemel Hempstead) which I believe clashes with Zonhoven WC race.

There's a London League race on 7th January at Cyclopark, Kent, which I believe was a good course. This clashes with the Ipswich trophy race though.

Thoughts? I'm free on all the dates mentioned above.

Comments

• It's a short season at Central this year! I did like the Corby one and would like to ride there again. I think the Hemel one is a bit soon for a club champs. Could wait right to the end of the season and use the last eastern at Cambridge? I'm easy though.
  • I did the London League Cyclopark event last year. It wasn't the same course as the inter regional; that was an amzing course. I am assuming that the Trophy race held on November 26 will be on the incredible Cyclopark course.

I would be happy to do the Corby event as the club champs. A good course and some continuity from last season.
  • The Fields are OK with this despite the disastrous race last year.
  • Cambridge or end of season would be best for us...Corby too close to Christmas for us as we're heading 'up north'.
  • Another option is Saturday 2nd December. It's a Central League race in Kettering. The regional champs are the day after at Welwyn, but club champs has to be a more prestigious prize right?
  • edited September 2017
    Says the current holder of the prize :-)
  • I'm not likely to ever be the regional champ!

I've set up a doodle poll to make things easier. Just mark which dates you can make and we can go with the most popular. Note that the last one would mean foregoing league points or racing two races (unless you are actually a senior).

Doodle poll

• ...or how about December 1st and 2nd in Mol?
  • Dec 23rd is too close to Xmas for me and we'll be up North. My preference would be 2nd Dec but maybe the January dates
  • I can't make 2nd Dec and the 23rd Dec may be a tough sell. I'm up for Jan dates
  • It seems I can make 23rd Dec after all. It looks like this is the poll winning date now.
  • Dave, were you thinking of proposing the Central League event on December 17th? It clashes with an Eastern League event but the Central course that day HAS A BRIDGE.
  • Yes I was going to propose that one. I know it clashes with Eastern, Phoenix Bike Park by Push Sports, but it is a cracking course with a bridge and sand pit. I think I'll be doing it even if we don't have the champs there. I'll add it to the poll later.
  • I'm with you Dave, cracking course last year
  • Does this Bridgey one have corners? If so that's good for me too.
  • It's got the lot! Loads of corners, proper cross corners too. Off camber, short sharp climbs, a few offs, sand pit, gravel section, bridge and last year mud!
  • would be better not to clash with eastern though if riders (and their offspring) need the league points either for overall results or to complete the series
  • Stevie and I are down to Commissaire at the Phoenix event so couldn't do anything else that day. She might be up for riding this year.
  • Ok, I think it's fair that we don't deny Mark and Stevie the chance of riding because they're commissairing. I propose we have it on the 23rd at Corby, a course we know and all seemed to like.
  • Cool, looking forward to Corby. Might still ride the bridgey one though. Having said that I might need to ride the Phoenix MTB one to get some league points.
  • no way to 23rd December for me. will be away. Also Corby needs two bikes and a family of scrubbers followed by an expensive repair bill. Thats' just not cricket when I only have one bike.
    Another suggestion. We set up our own course at the grass track or in Baldock and have our own race, followed by a trip to the chippy and pub. or ask orange tree pub to set it all up for us post race.
    we can set up a course in an hour. Can try to get 150 members to watch from CCA too and chuck in some other events such as grass track straight line sprints, balancing etc. Mulled wine the lot.

just a thought.

happy to do a champs on an existing race as before but sorry won't be able to do the dates around Christmas.
  • I spoke to Keith, the guy who runs the Central league and he's happy to give us our own start and timings again for this. I also mentioned there may be a women's championship and he's happy to set the CCA women off behind the main women's field and give them their own timings too.

23rd December at the fantastic Corby course, all welcome.
  • Good to make a decision on this. It will never suit everyone. I'll book my place...
  • edited November 2017
    Anyone up for an unofficial club champs and entering the senior race in the central league on Dec 17th. (The one with the bridge)
  • I've already entered the grown ups race. I'll see if I can change to the open race.
  • ...or should we ride the Dec 17th event in the Open race as a team?
  • I'm going to do it but I'll be doing the Vets. I might have enough rounds for a league placing. They have a minimum to even get a placing.
  • OK, maybe leave your entry as it is then Richard. Unless you have already changed, if so I will enter the senior race. Let me know.
  • I'm up for the senior event - as last week proved, an hour's ride is no problem for us older gentlemen!
  • edited November 2017
    Ok. 3 makes it a party. Let's do it.

Come on Dave! Or the alternative is you can pit for me.