Welcome to the forum

Monday night 'ROLLER-TURBO DISCO' - 25 Sept

Cheers for tonight

Having hurredly spent a few minutes learning how to roller in the doorway of my room I set off to Ashwell URC Hall tonight (Monday) for 8.30pm (-9.30pm) and paid £2 to have a (literal) blast at the roller-turbo disco.

A welcoming CCA atmosphere, banging, up-tempo dance tunes and an hour long sufferfest video made for some good fun.

Tonight was basically a 20x1 cadence session. 20 x 1 min efforts. I just aimed for 115+rpm at top gear for each, which came out to be about 270-300w.

My first time roller-ing. Pretty easy to get in to. Anyone who is interested, or who is looking for reasons to ride their bike during the cold winter, or is looking to get fit, etc etc etc blah blah should come along. Even with a turbo (there were turbos tonight). It's a good session and good to be around people. If you post on the forum usually someone can lend you rollers, too, to have a try out on.

Personally; noticing straight away (I knew this would be the case anyway) my pedal stroke is very choppy over 100rpm. Need to improve that. Will therefore hopefully be able to push up my cadence as it will be less jumpy on the rollers. Maxed out at 149 which is alright but nowhere near what I can do on the road. So pedal stroke needs to be looked at heavily this winter! Also, noticing I don't sit straight on the bike. That needs investigation!