Welcome to the forum

*Condor Fratello (orange) for sale*

edited October 2017 in General
Sad to say, as every time I get it out the bike box it makes me not want to sell it, but the orange Condor Fratello that a few of you may have seen on club rides a couple of years back has got to go. It’s just taking up space as I use my winter bike for everything these days pretty much.

It’s a 55cm frame (retail at £799), Columbus spirit tubing (steel), set up with a mixture of:

Condor Carbon seatpost
Condor long drop brakes
SRAM rival 10speed (very little use)
SRAM red shifters (flipping brilliant pieces of kit, well overspecced for the bike)
FSA compact chainset
Bontrager Race wheels and 28mm all weather tyres ( BRAND NEW 0 miles, put on last year and unridden) with full mudguards (including CCA mudflaps and reflective blue tape).
Brand new white bar tape on white Easton 42cm bars and 3T stem.
Fizik Arione saddle
All cables and outers are brand new, with 0 miles in them.
Garmin out front mount
Titanium bottle cages (unused)

All you need is pedals and you're off!

For those of you that ride steel you’ll know the springy feel you get from this sort of bike, very comfy, great for those winter miles. I used it in T'Dales with the club a few years ago with racy wheels and no mudguards and it was great for long days, easily fast enough to keep up with everybody's carbon frames. It also has eyelets for racks (I rode this with two rear panniers to the west coast of Wales a couple of years ago) and plenty of clearance for wide tyres. It's a VERY versatile machine.

The main reason I don't ride it any more is that I found a training bike that has exactly the same geometry as my Cannondale and is a bit cheaper/not as nice to look at, so don't mind leaving it locked up outside when I commute to London and don't feel guilty about not washing it after those truly mucky rides...

If anybody's interested, feel free to drop me a message and come and have a look anytime.

Price-wise I'm looking for £1100 to keep it in competition with winter bikes. With a brand new Kinesis T3 full build with Tiagra coming in at £1100, this seems fair. Much better spec (although the groupset is used) and a frame that's 3 times the price at retail...

A similar build through Condor would cost around £1800 brand new.

Comments