Welcome to the forum

Central league this Saturday

I am taking Ella to race at Milton Keynes bowl on Saturday.
Anyone else doing central this weekend? I would race but only if someone is around that could look after Ella during the 40-49 year old session. Or am I right that the coaches take kids for a training sessoin during the ikder races?

All races have places whilst eastern league vets are full for Sunday,s misterley cross.
I'm starting to think central is the way to go.

Comments

• I might be going Vincent but would be racing the same race. I've wounded my hand so it depends how well it heals.

There is a coaching session usually, not sure when it is though. The bowl is pretty enclosed and I've always felt safe leaving Joe on his own whilst racing there.

Eastern doesn't usually fill up the Vet 40s race too quickly, the day before it closes is quite late to be entering though and Mistley is a popular course.
  • Dave,
    Cheers. I will take my stuff and if they coach the kids during v40s will race. Are you still heading down? May see you there.
    Good lick to the Misterley riders.
    Vincent
  • I'm not going, I'm still not able to ride and Joe doesn't want to go.

Good luck.
  • Ok hope you mend soon.
  • edited October 2017
    Milton Keynes cross race roundup.
    Ella started back of grid in the under 12s. Was making good headway but slipped and then tangled with the tape and spent the rest of the race catching back up to a group she could have raced strongly against. Happy all the same. Spent a happy 2 hours in the go ride training camp with Mac and the other BC coaches getting excellent coaching.

I started back of grid. About 90 riders and no limit to entries on the line.

So we were off. Lots of climbs and slippery 180degree bends. Some great tests and tumbles. Jumped a few at the start. Ploughed through the field for a lap or so whilst conserving energy. Then it started to get tough. The old dog was tiring. Plugged on valiantly with mud starting to clog up the pedals. But just held it together for 57th place. From last row I was chuffed. And tired.

Kept hold of the timing chips and intend riding more central events. Will race local events and check diary to see if it's worth joining the league. A bit late now though and muddy rides not going to suite a one bike, no crew roadie.

So if riding with child and no backup or without an entry in the Eastern then Central is your place.

Good luck at Misterley Cca.