Welcome to the forum

Tour of Malta 2018

Noticed this evening that registration is open. I've booked the leave, going to do registration tomorrow. Anyone else in?

Comments

• We've got flights and accommodation sorted, so yes, we're definitely in...!
  • I've registered for the Tour of Malta 2018 - so that's three CCA and Mitchy. Have a think about it everyone else... A proper GC international stage race (Men's Elite, Men's Masters [40+], and Women's). 4 days. Stage 1 is a short 9 mile TT, and then three shortish road race stages.

Thurs 22nd - Sun 25th March. Though I'm flying out Tues 20th and back Mon 26th. Plenty of seats left on the Air Malta plane from Heathrow...

Flights, accommodation with breakfast (at the official Tour hotel) and race registration: all under £450. You can sort car hire out for around £100-130: holidayautos.com - a car is useful, but you don't need to hire a car for the event.

I've got my dad onboard as the team soigneur and he's hired a car so useful for logistics for carrying our bags etc between stages. And for passing bottles and gels etc mid-race.

Get in touch if you want any more details. martin@ccashwell.com

It's probably the only truly accessible international amateur racing tour in Europe for us mortals, besides the Tour of Majorca Masters in October if you're 40+. It prides itself on being the 'Friendly Tour' and when you meet the organisers and see how much love and effort the volunteers put into the event - you feel it. It's a big deal for a small island and you'll be made to feel very special. You'll need a BC race licence - and BC points are available for each stage and overall GC. You might not win it. But you won't come last. But that's all besides the point: it's a great thing to stick on your cycling palmares. Go on!

PS. Training starts 1st Jan. Now, back to the cheeseboard.
  • yes martin!!! excited already