Welcome to the forum

Mistley CX

All very dry today in the woods. I thought it was quite straight forward really, not to many tricky turns but those steep climbs took their toll!
Well done to everyone that rode but especially Adam who won the youths and Louis, second in the u 10s.
Thanks to them we are top of the team standings. Interestingly we didn't win the day, Renvale did who don't normally figure. I think we need the Fields back !
Good fun and looks like Dan went really well in the youngsters race too.

Comments

• Really hard race today. It took me a while to recover. Still I think others found it tough too.

Big news was that William Daniels did his second race. Nice one!
  • I found Mistley more of a test of fitness rather than skill. Great tips from Pete & Tim and a full guided lap ride from Mark resulted in me having a flying start; lots of people were struggling with the root section but I found attacking it and going straight over the top worked fine. The problem for me was the hill climbs and this is where I was losing positions. For the last 2 races I’ve been lapped right at the end of the course, I need to find 20s from somewhere! Getting closer to my goal of finishing in the top half of the field but this is easier said than done, I’m way ahead of the guys I was racing against last season and with the Wed’ sessions I think I’m technically as good if not better than the guys a few places in front of me but just not fit/strong enough. Hopefully Matt’s roller sessions will fix that.
  • William got home and told his Mum he came 4th - missing out the words 'from last'. All good fun though and hopefully he'll do another.

For my part a slightly dispiriting affair of my own making. I had a cracking start and got into 3rd place at the first corner and held on for the next section of descents and twisty turns. Then came the long uphill and the rest of the race when another 24 riders overtook me!

I didn't see the earlier races but we put on a strong performance in the Youth category and watching Adam smoothly bunny hop the hurdles was a joy - very few riders managed it at all.
  • Arh, nice to see another club member using the 'alternative counting method'; it is a well used device.

Dan, sounds like you had your (rear) brake on going up that hill?