Welcome to the forum

Bury CX

Very wet and very slippy today on a flat grassy/woodland course. I think Adam, Louis, Harley and Jackie all got seconds. Good to see Travis with a great 11th after a term of student living.
Looked like Davey Crockett was enjoying the mud with a 28th and Iain looked to be going well at the start but was DNF...what happened?
Mark and Pete both snapping at my heels today.

The mud is fun but im still cleaning up...booo

Comments

• Really enjoyed today, I know it's not overly feature packed but it's fast becoming one of my favourite venues. Suits me well, flat as a pancake and muddy! Really pleased getting in the 20s for the first time this year.
  • edited November 2017
    Great course today, just a shame about the mud :)
  • I was just getting into it when I took a fall before the first hurdles. Really don't know what happened - it wasn't tricky by any means at that bit. But fell hard on the bike leaving a dead-leg, a sprain in the back and a SPD pedal where it shouldn't have been!
    Great racing from Dan and Dave in my race showing off their technical prowess. Well done on the 20s dave!
  • Great day today and the first real muddy one this season. Thanks to Daniel for the spare bike and Stuart for doing a great job for me in the pit. It made all the difference as I was struggling after 2 laps and not sure my bike would have managed 4. A lot of rear mechs went missing today.
  • Yep good fun. My race not so good today. Obviously heavy going and an otb incident followed by a chain off lost me a few places. Just got in from cleaning. Only 2 bikes as Noah unwell and both Jackie and I did not use a spare. I think the mud was wetter when we raced and became stickier as the day went on. I pitted for Dan and he changed bikes twice in 4 laps and it was needed. Bottom bracket area and rear mech very clogged up.

Think they got the timing wrong today in the v50. Us tail enders raced for and hour. The leaders finished in 5O mins for 5 laps so should have been stopped earlier.

• I was quite happy with 'the extra lap'. Hard race for sure. I think it was improved from last year and I agree with Dave it is a good course. I need to learn some more braverly from Nathan and Archie.

Off to Shuttleworth today for the Central League race. TBH I am feeling rather weary from Bury!
  • That's because you did an extra lap.
    Hope central went well. Drier?