Welcome to the forum

Shuttleworth CX - Central League

Round 7 of the Central Cyclocross League was run by Icknield RC at Shuttleworth College today. As last year the course was laid out over a large grassy hillside and, I am happy to say, was improved. Notably the Central League now has a good set of hurdles and these were well deployed. A course bad a uniform and wide path it was not too technical and despite yesterday's rains had plenty of traction. Sunny blue skies though the wind was chill.

Martin Hillier raced his first CX race today and looked confident and comfortable. He seems to have enjoyed himself and hung around after his race to support me; much appreciated. The course suited me being, essentially, attritional and I did okay; however Bury St Edmunds was in my legs still from yesterday so I was not going to produce my best.

No need for bike cleaning afterwards.

Next up the glorious Hempton!

Comments

• As a first taste of Cross racing I must say it was great fun and everyone was very friendly. Having entered on the day I started with a few others behind the 100 of so riders in front! Finding my way and the limits of grip I managed to work through people and finish 67th.

Thank you for your advice Daniel.
  • Well done on your first race Martin, you were looking really strong. Pretty good result too from where you started on the grid of 100.

Dan, Iain and I regularly race in the vet 40s, mainly Eastern league.