Welcome to the forum

9.30 club run - Sat 11th Nov

Just four intrepid riders out today, who either hadn't seen the forecast or weren't bothered about a potential drenching. Our bravery/foolhardiness was totally rewarded with an amazing club run. Taff navigated a brilliant route out to Ampthill and Stewartby, we remembered to shout directions early when Dave W was on the front (apparently he's never been to Stewartby before?) and we rocked it like a Wednesday ride with a very welcome coffee and cake stop at the Millennium Forest Centre.

I'm not sure what was in the chocolate fudge slice, but Dave W and Dave N were like whippets up a climb shortly after the break. And good to see Taff back to full strength. Dave W did a massive turn on the front for the last 10 miles while Dave N and I saved our legs for the sprint. So we managed to stay dry, enjoy a little bit of warm sunshine and finished on 48 miles at 17 something.

Comments

• Lovely ride. And it turns out (according to Strava; I have no ACTUAL memory of it) I HAVE been through Stewartby once before, on a club run in 2015 - I was probably suffering, with my head down, all energy focussed on clinging desperately onto Nathan's wheel, rather than making academic commentary on industrial urban-planning...