Welcome to the forum

Eastern Cross - Newmarket

Top course today, made all the more interesting by the mud-fest. The course had thawed out by the time the vet 40-50s got to it and it was a strange mix of thik mud, frozen ruts, slippery mud and gravel. Purpose built course (usually mountain bike) with lots of lumps and bumps, steps and banked corners. Great fun this one. Hope the central leaguers got on well too. Good results from the youths as per usual and good to see Travis racing for us again.

Comments

• Jackie and I really enjoyed this one. Not ridden there before despite it only being 20 minutes from home. This was supposed to have a bridge but it was taken out due to the very icy conditions. Not sure I have been at a race where the conditions changed so much. The sighting lap was very tricky on frozen mud ruts. One of the v50's broke his collar bone on a decent.
    By the time our race started at 12 there was some drizzle and the surface had turned to a slimy mud. Not super deep but very rideable and great fun. Not sticky enough for needing a bike change which was just as well as we were pit crewless. Would definitely ride this one again.
    Team did well for points coming 2nd to Lea Valley. They are closest rivals and we have not won it yet.
  • Thomas certainly enjoyed it !

"Dad, Dad, did you see me getting air?"

push_sport_cross_youth-20171217-0416

push_sport_cross_youth-20171217-0417
  • That is the jump the V50 did his collar bone on. Pretty sure he did not look so stylish.