Welcome to the forum

***CCA Primavera, 8th April 2018***

edited December 2017 in Road Racing
Just a note to give you a date for your diaries.

This year the Primavera is going to be held on Sunday the 8th of April. As it stands it’s a regional A (categories 2,3 and 4) but that may change before the event. I’ll keep you all updated.

As ever, we’ll be needing plenty of volunteers to help out.

Huge thanks!

Will

(https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/167121/CCA-Primavera-2018)

Comments

• Hi WIll,
    Thanks for agreeing to organise this. I am, of course, willing help.

BC have it in their calander as April 8th, not May.

Hope your Christmas has been very good indeed.
  • Noted! Thanks Daniel! Hope your Christmas was muddy and run at about 30psi.
  • Just like last year, I would help but can't. Both this year and last the date falls in the Easter school holiday and we're away. I know you struggled finding bodies to help out last year, so suggest you target those without children first to find help this year! :-)
  • Hi Will,
    Good stuff- no clash with Tour of Malta this year, so I'd love to help. I'd really like to race it as well, but don't really fancy a 2/3/4, I'll leave it for the Cat 2s of the club - let me know if this changes!
    Cheers, Dave.
  • Good to see a few people already volunteering to help with the women's race if we go ahead with it, it would be nice to see a couple more volunteering for the Primavera which is a little closer!

We generally don't have a problem with numbers for the race from the club, it's just that they all turn up a day or two before. It would be nice to have a little more notice that we can fill spaces so my blood pressure can return to normal...

And Dave, get stuck in. It won't be hugely different to a 3/4, just a bit longer, think of the training!
  • edited March 2018
    So the up to date list of volunteers runs as thus:

Assistant for chief comm: Taff
    Driver for assist comm: Richard M
    Chief Judge: Mark Wyer
    Assistant Judge: Stevie Wyer
    Lead car 1: Andrew Robertson
    Lead car 2: Dave Wells
    Service car: Matt Scales plus Shelton
    First aid driver: Jenny Andrews
    First Aid: Lil Swan
    Licences/Signing on: Will Smith
    Licences/Signing on: Iain Foulkes
    1 Signs: Daniel Doncaster
    2 Signs: Team Lightfoot
    3 Signs: MC
    4 Signs: Taff
    1 Marshal: Ed N
    2 Marshal: Martin Lawless
    3 Marshal: Andy R
    4 Marshal: Simon King
    5 Marshal: MC
    6 Marshal: Bob W
    7 Marshal: Matt S
    1 Tea/Coffee: Iain Foulkes
    2 Tea/Coffee: Archie Foulkes

could do with a few more names up there at some point...
  • Hi Will: put me down for something. Preferably marshalling a corner if poss: ideally one of the village ones.

I've done a few of the ERRL races now, so it's good to give back and help.
  • Hi Will I'm available for this one - let me know what you need me to do
  • Happy to help Will, holiday plans allowing. I remember marshalling with JP by the church in Eversden - I could reprise my role?
  • As per email Will can act as an accredited marshall. should be able to help with signs too.
  • Hmm, sorry Will, I still don't fancy that level of beasting too much, even in the name of training....

But I can drive if that's any use (and provide a suitably Italian-themed car) - do the driving roles need to be accredited or certificated in anyway?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • Sorry Will wont be able to make it this year. School hols and clashes with a TT.

Dave I did the driving last year and think you need to register with BC - pretty simple process
  • As with Dave, I happy to drive if it's simple enough to register.... May as well put the Skoda to some proper use!
  • Happy to marshall/ stand on a traffic island etc
  • One month away (more or less) and we’re still short of a few people to help out on race day. If you can get there really early, it would be great if you could help with putting out signs. If you didn’t have time to stick around for the race it would still be super helpful. You’d be finished by 9...
  • Sorry Will, unfortunately I'll be away for this.
  • Hi Will. My son (Mark) & I can help. Any help needed at race HQ before the racing starts? We could be around until 11 or so.
  • Hi Will,
    Tom is planning race but I'l be available to help out if the support is needed
    Cheers
    Simon
  • Thanks all... MC, could you get there early to help with the signs at all please?
  • Will I am at an event up north this weekend. It is a bit of a regular clash for me I Ann afraid. Scotton 100.
    Sure you will get good support. I know it helps to get commitment early. Sorry I cannot help.
  • Will, I'm happy to drive Comm. 2
    Richard Maynard
  • Bet you are. Sure you don’t want to drive comm 1 instead?
  • Hi Will, put me down for Marshal point or where ever. cheers Bob
  • Hi Will,
    I'm happy to help. Marshaling or whatever needs doing.
    Cheers
  • Good to see some CCA out this morning on my way to Wimpole Hall for a coffee (in the car). Looking tidy!

Just a note. Last year we had slight issues with the signs and getting them all up in time so those that can help with signs would need to be at the HQ at 7am if that’s okay! We’ll need two people to drive round the circuit in opposite directions with a helper in each car. I’ll dig out as many sign putting up things as I have, cable ties and stakes etc but anything extra would be great!
  • And not even driving! Me and Bob trying to get into shape for the club run!
  • ‘‘Tis the life of luxury as a retired racing cyclist, I tell thee....

We will be needing a first aider for the race as Lil can’t make it now. Does anybody have first aid qualifications and would be able to help out for the morning? Let me know ASAP please!
  • Stand down. Dr Swan is now patching everyone up.
  • Return of SuperLil. Great news!