Welcome to the forum

Club run review - Sunday 6th July

Despite the ominous weather - there were about 13 in the club run, and 9 in a combined middle/nasty group.

The 9 of us went head-first south into the wind, taking on a blustery shower. Slip End, Walkern, up Benington Hill [why am I the only one who suffers on this..?], down, down, down to Hertford - before turning west [more wind] through Bayford and then thankfully turning north as we worryingly started to get towards what I think of as the edges of London. Then I was out of my geography knowledge - so - down a big hill, up another, Burnham Green for a bit of Keystone Cop 'where are we going' action, eventually to Datchworth, Aston and back the way we came from there. Big speeds to be found on return with such a strong wind behind the group. The nasties waved and disappeared out of view for me at this point like those speeder bike things in Tron.

Poor Will was getting serious trouble from his chain - though he's going to be borrowing one of Carmelo's bikes soon apparently - so we'll watch out there. 53 miles, 18.6+mph average. Fortunately - it never really tipped it down until coffees at Andy & Karen's.